GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2010 GW 2 months ago and already developed a problem with the CB. Today I turned the cb on and my mp3 audio quit. I tried the FM and it had no audio while the cb was on. The rx symbol was showing on the screen with the squelch on 0 thru 20. I unhooked the battery for 15 minutes and hooked it back up and still the same problem. No the intercom was not turned on. I went for a ride and hit a bump and the rx symbol left the screen and the fm audio and mp3 audio worked ok. I'm not good with electronics but if I was a betting man then I would bet the cb has a short in it. Anybody else had this problem before? If so what was the problem?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I figure a short or a loose connection.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you have the squelch on 0 and the rx is showing on the screen your fm and intercom are being over-ridden by the CB, it thinks you are receiving (rx). Turn the squelch up to where the noise quits and then a little more and I'll bet the FM and intercom start working.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hndyme I tried the squelch from 0 to 20 with the same results.I'm not good with electronics but I drove over the road trucking for over 30 years so I do know about the squelch

·
Registered
741 Posts
You should get it back to the dealer for a check. It is in warranty. If you mess around with anything they might think you messed it up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I found two wires chaffing at the bottom of the left riser... It has been causing some weird issues. Think it's straightened out now though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts