GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new CB from Hal (thanks for the sale Hal) heading out to the garage to put it in. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You go Steve, and when your done you can try to see if it will transmit to Lake Forest.
Have fun with your new toy.
Gary & Mikey :sw1:

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
congratulations on getting in on the great price!!! You will enjoy having a CB :yw1:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
After speaking with Gary & Mikey last night, a thought hit me. I know of more people that have bought their bike, brought it home and then installed a CB.I know of a lot less folks who brought their bikes home for the first time with the CB installed.

Both Gary and I agree, that the price they get for a $40 CB should be a crime. But then I must be crazy for buying one.

I sure like mine, as it adds another level of safety, and can be of a great help when riding in a group of more than >1.

Bulldog

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished installing the CB, went pretty well, Now when it stops raining, I'll be able to try it out. It just wouldn't reach Garys house from my garage

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Steve,

With all of the baking that Mikey is doing, you will not be able to reach their house via CB.

With all that energy, you are going to need a super booster. :lol:

Bulldog

S

·
0 Posts
Baking? Is Mikey Baking?

Oh no!!!! I can smell the cookies from here. Dang too bad we all live so far apart.

I love fresh cookies!

:eat2:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

Rich, are you hinting a little? And if you only knew to the extent of her menu. There are over twenty different kinds of cookies but that doesn't include the home made almond joys, chocolate covered cherries, fudge, English Toffee the list goes on. We will keep the door open. But then Dale (Yellowfever) and Joe and Sparky (Shirtz-N-Thingz) are coming over and they just might eat your share.

Steve you are also more than welcome to stop in for a sugar rush. Be a good time to test your C/B as there should be 5-7 Wings here. Anytime around 2:00 Sat the 13th. Love to have you stop by if you can.
949-837-0182

Gary & Mikey :sw1:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Dawg .... I would say that the reason most folks don't bring the wing home with the CB installed is the same reason I had .... they wanted well over a thousand bucks to have the CB installed when I picked up the bike ... it cost me just over $700 to put it on myself (thanks to Hal's prices).
I can use that "extra" 300 bucks to buy some winter riding boots ot replace these (doggone cold) normal riding boots for the next few months ... :lol:
(ever notice how cold steel shanks and steel toe caps get your feet???)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hope that you enjoy. I am sure all the testing is done on CB units. Gee- it only took me 4 to get a good one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts