GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Cellset and hooked it up to my '06 1800. All the connections seem good. Mot Razr v3 phone via bluetooth to Garmin 2820 GPS and then to headset/intercom.

When I make or receive a call I can't hear the other person but they can hear me just fine. I have the intercom on (set to 17), the GPS phone vol set to 100%, and the GPS guidance voice set to 'on'. All harnesses are connected (int, mic and cell).

Even on a call all I can hear is the music through the intercom, no caller voice and yet they can hear me.

I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks, Dave :shrug:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon, Thanks for your reply. I've been at work all day.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'alerts' if you mean prompts for turns, etc. Yes.
I did shut off the voice at one time but it's back on now.
Dave :-(

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
switches?

I think there are 'dip" switches that have to be set in the right sequence for it to work. If all else fails, Kennedy has great customer service, call them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
if you can hear alerts but can't hear the phone, it indicates a problem between the phone and the gps. phone audio and gps audio feed into the cellset from the same point.. so if you can hear one, but not the other, it suggests the problem lies outside the cellset.
if you can, find someone else with a bluetooth phone and test it with theirs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you can, find someone else with a bluetooth phone and test it with theirs.
Thanks all.
That's my next try. My wife's phone is bluetooth. I'll try that.
Dave

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My epiphany with the (New Cellset can't hear caller)

:oops: Normally I wouldn't admit this but since ya'll have been so good to help me I feel I have to get this off my chest!
When I installed my Cellset I did everything right. All the connections were correct and all cables were going to the right places.
It just wouldn't work! I couldn't hear the caller.
By the way, thanks again to everyone for the help.
In the middle of the night last night I had an epiphany!!
The problem was that I was using the XM radio and not the GPS (AUX) while trying to talk on the phone, so the audio from the GPS was not going to the intercom!! It was like a light came on and I had to go out in the garage to test it right then. Yep - there it was, :eek: that humbling moment that makes you wonder if you're qualified to ride a bike this advanced (of course this won't stop me).
Thanks again and I'll try to think a little the next time.
Dave :rolleyes:
I have to admit though that I'm not happy with the fact that I have to switch to AUX mode in the headsets to receive a call or use the phone!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Glad you got it working.
If you bought the cellset from us, we would have asked if you wanted to hear the gps audio even if you were listening to the am/fm radio. If that was the case we would have offered you our MC/GPS3. it allows you to switch gps audio to either the aux or the intercom.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
I have to admit though that I'm not happy with the fact that I have to switch to AUX mode in the headsets to receive a call or use the phone!
Switch to AUX? STAY IN AUX! You have a 2820 now, so you have XM and MP3's right at your fingertips! I've had my 2730/2820 mounted for 3+ years and AUX is the only mode I'm EVER in! ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Dave, I'm confused... In your e-mail to me, you said "My 2820 is connected to the aux input as I listen to MP3 all the time."

This is why I suggested using the 'Microphone Integration Kit' - you already have your GPS connected to power and the AUX input and all you were trying to do is connect the intercom output to the microphone input for phone use.

Are you using an FM modulator to listen to your XM radio? If so, then you'll need to change how you had the 2820 connected and use a MC/GPS3 as Jon mentioned since you want to use the GPS for music as well as voice. The only input that's available that will override any selected music source is the Intercom, and that's not viable for music listening.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jon,
Thanks for the reply. The following is a portion of the email I sent to inquire about the Cellset.

"I use the Aux connector for the MP3 player in the Garmin and want to keep using it. I have a separate XM Roady radio which transmits to the wing's fm radio and I'm going to continue to use that also."

I didn't know that there was a question about whether you could use the cell while also using the fm radio. That's why I wanted to explain my use of the audio system so that you could give me the correct advice about the unit to get.

I guess maybe I was not clear about the fact that I would also be listening to the Roady XM. I didn't know that was a consideration.

Is there a device (cellset) that will allow me to answer and talk no matter what input I'm listening to at the time?

Dave :shrug:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Our MC/GPS3 and external toggle switch will do the trick. it does require both a kennedy aux audio harness and an intercom harness.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
For almost the same money, you could buy the GXM-30 XM receiver and run the XM through your GPS and use the AUX input for everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts