GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick review of the new Continental tire for the Goldwing. Local dealer had asked me to try a set and give feedback. A trip to Maine (mainly backroads) and by the time I got back had them take the tires off. These are a dual compound and the center compound became slick after about 3000 miles. Front tire developed a raised ridge that caused unstable tracking and then on the highway trip back home it wore down and the front tire was okay again other than slick down the center causing a little wondering feel to the front end. The rear tire cupping horribly about 1.5 " out from the center on both side. About 1/4 inch deep cup at the tread grooves. After 3 goldwings and a whole lot of miles on a lot of tires, there has been a lot I liked, disliked and loved, but this is the first one I have hated. Tire pressure (front and rear) was at 40-42 psi at all times, starting at 42 and adding anytime they dropped to 40. If you go around corners, I would recommend you stay away form this tire. I have been reading and evaluating advice on this forum for a lot of years, yet this is the first time I have ever felt something was important enough to post.

·
Registered
8,100 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don't believe the Conti Motion tires are a dual compound! At least the ones for the wing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts