GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen/read a lot of good info on the CSC drive train problems. Also have seen a few pictures of the older setup's but not of the latest. Can someone please post a picture of the new setup with collar and spring? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Rodger, is this what your looking for? You can see the spring on the shaft in the rear. Any questions give me a call.

Ken L.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ken, that is exactly what I wanted to see. I still have the collarless setup but it isn't the original that was installed wen i had the gearbox mod installed. I had a new one sent to me in 09 when I had the transmission rebuilt. I have over 30,00 miles on the build and thought I would look at the splines as soon as i have time. No problems or vibrations as of yet and hopefully won't. If it happens I'll buy the new setup and give it a try. Again thanks.

MC

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dah collar

Rodger, is this what your looking for? You can see the spring on the shaft in the rear. Any questions give me a call.

Ken L.

U DAH MAN KEN!:thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would like to see what the rest of drive like looks like. Between what is pictured and the differential. Can anyone post that picture for me? Thanks in advance.
Dave

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would like to see what the rest of drive like looks like. Between what is pictured and the differential. Can anyone post that picture for me? Thanks in advance.
Dave

look closer! and think about what you are seeing and where it goes!:bow:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Dave
WHY?
You don't have a CSC.

Ken L.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Seen/read a lot of good info on the CSC drive train problems. Also have seen a few pictures of the older setup's but not of the latest. Can someone please post a picture of the new setup with collar and spring? Thanks in advance.
There is a new Driveshaft now. Does anyone have pictures of it?

Thanks
Randall

·
Registered
999 Posts
go to csc website and download the installation instructions for the Viper kit (revised 1 26-12) It shows the newest one.

It has a u-joint on each end.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The instructions for the cobra also show the new setup. I had my bike converted at the CSC factory in late December so I got the older design with the welded shaft. No one at the factory mentioned the new driveshaft which originally concerned me but after thinking about it a while now I am kinda glad they did not give me a choice. Not sure I would want to go with another new design until it ran for a while. My opinion is they made the change for 2 reasons - 1) Save money - eliminating the gearbox has got to save $$. 2) all the bad press the older design received.

My trike is smooth so I am satisfied with my current drive shaft setup. I understand the concern with welding the shaft and the removal issue (I have heard you can and also you can't). I guess if there is an issue I can cut it off and decide then which way to go (remove the gearbox and install the current design?).

Again the following is my opinion: I am a little concerned with the latest design 2 u-joint design with the offset differential. You have to think CSC Engineers evaluated this design in the past and dismissed it for some reason. This design is the simplest and least expensive. My concern would be vibration and u-joint life (hope they are regreasible).

·
Registered
453 Posts
The instructions for the cobra also show the new setup. I had my bike converted at the CSC factory in late December so I got the older design with the welded shaft. No one at the factory mentioned the new driveshaft which originally concerned me but after thinking about it a while now I am kinda glad they did not give me a choice. Not sure I would want to go with another new design until it ran for a while. My opinion is they made the change for 2 reasons - 1) Save money - eliminating the gearbox has got to save $$. 2) all the bad press the older design received.

My trike is smooth so I am satisfied with my current drive shaft setup. I understand the concern with welding the shaft and the removal issue (I have heard you can and also you can't). I guess if there is an issue I can cut it off and decide then which way to go (remove the gearbox and install the current design?).

Again the following is my opinion: I am a little concerned with the latest design 2 u-joint design with the offset differential. You have to think CSC Engineers evaluated this design in the past and dismissed it for some reason. This design is the simplest and least expensive. My concern would be vibration and u-joint life (hope they are regreasible).
I agree, I am in the market to trike my 2012. A new design concerns me too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts