GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I just received and installed my new modified seat for my Goldwing.
The build quality and finish is superb, and is as comfortable as it could be. My wife just can not believe, her words were "it feels like going in a cloud"... ;op
Judge by yourself....
These are made by a famous craftman from Seville (Spain) and includes gel and viscoelastic foam for amazing comfortability, and two different materials for a top of the charts finish.

Best regards and have a great weekend...

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi guys,

I just received and installed my new modified seat for my Goldwing.
The build quality and finish is superb, and is as comfortable as it could be. My wife just can not believe, her words were "it feels like going in a cloud"... ;op
Judge by yourself....
These are made by a famous craftman from Seville (Spain) and includes gel and viscoelastic foam for amazing comfortability, and two different materials for a top of the charts finish.

Best regards and have a great weekend...

I'd like to know more, please. Is there a website for these? It looks and sounds like it is a very nice seat. My '08 OEM seat is about shot as is the pad I've been using that made it very comfortable. The company that made the pad now makes a "better" pad that, IMO, sucks, compared to the old one. Anyway, it's definitely time for a new seat before our cross-country ride coming up in June. Thank you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I understood that, is there some rule for this site that says we can't buy anything not from North America? Having been stationed in Spain in the '70s while in the USAF, I know where Seville is and just knowing that's where he got it doesn't help me much. I did do a Google search for motorcycle seat makers in Seville Spain but didn't find any.

Spain isn't much farther from me than CA.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I understood that, is there some rule for this site that says we can't buy anything not from North America? Having been stationed in Spain in the '70s while in the USAF, I know where Seville is and just knowing that's where he got it doesn't help me much. I did do a Google search for motorcycle seat makers in Seville Spain but didn't find any.

Even though the distance is similar, shipping costs, customs, exchange rate, etc. are going to make a difference. Once you wade through all of that, you'll know if it's a good deal or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately I don´t think it´s an interesting option for US riders.
First you have to send your seat here, and get it through customs.
Then he would do his magic and send it back, again with international shipment, and going through US customs...

Believe me that if I thought there was a rational way to do it I would talk to him and help manage US orders.
But..., if anyone comes on vacation to Spain, and Seville, you can get in touch with him previously and bring your seat in your luggage... :thumbup:

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I just want to gently remind the readers here in North America...
The poster said that his source (in post #1) was in Seville.
Spain.:mrgreen:Beautiful job, regardless.
I noticed that immediately! :grin2:

·
Registered
9,328 Posts

Chill.

There are some participants of this forum that may have been totally oblivious to the location - and to the reason the OP has the handle he does.

The comment was simply to point out what @SpanishGoldwing posted just a few hours later.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
nelsress, I have also spent time in Seville. A beautiful city but really not do-able for a new seat! You would be lucky if it even got there and for sure, not likely to get it back! Soooo much theft & corruption in Spain, your head would spin! Bummer, 'cause that is one REALLY nice seat! I would even order one . . .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nelsress, I have also spent time in Seville. A beautiful city but really not do-able for a new seat! You would be lucky if it even got there and for sure, not likely to get it back! Soooo much theft & corruption in Spain, your head would spin! Bummer, 'cause that is one REALLY nice seat! I would even order one . . .
Really? do you want to turn this post about about a motorcycle seat into a political discussion?
I won't accept your comment about theft and corruption in Spain.
You are really showing off here how inmense your ignorance is...

Have a nice day!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts