GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me thank everyone on this forum for all the info I have obtained by following the posts. I now have 2500 miles on my Toyo Proxes 195/50/R16 CT and love it! I ride almost 365 dy a yeareven if the temp is below freezing just as long as we got there without rain on the pavement. I have ridden it hard in the twisaties, and Brake tested it on rain slick pavement, and am delighted with its performance.

I wish only one thing..that I had gone to the 195/55/R16 instead. Next time.

So how long before I can call myself a "Darksider"?

Bert (Roadrunner)

· Registered
128 Posts
If you got the tire on and ridin' it your in!!!
Welcome to the darkside. :yes1:
Murgie will get you a number....PM him.
TJRanch has the decals...One is Silver and One is Black if you like.

Ray

· Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

· Registered
77 Posts
:congrats: Tinyboater, Now that you have joined the ranks of Darksider, get used to it and then do what I did and joined the ranks of Double Darksider. So start doing your homework on which front tire you are going to go with next. I just put my Pirelli Sport Demon on Friday and think I'm going to love it. Only have a few miles on it but seems great. It's been raining here but looks like clearing tomorrow so expect to ride. :excited:

· Registered
570 Posts
Yea - Welcome Home.... :congrats:

· Registered
156 Posts
Welcome!! It's a really big difference over the MC tire. Enjoy the adventure.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Darksider

Tinyboater,
:congrats: !
Welcome to the enlightened "DARKSIDE" :yes1: !
I am not a new Darksider exactly. I ran the rubber off my GL1800 then went to car tires on rear. I used four different car tires and recently traded the GL1800 for a GL1500 Valkyrie. I was hoping someone on here might be able to tell me what size car tire fits the Valk, and what people think might be the best one?

· Registered
2,918 Posts
I'm running a 205/55 Kumho Ecsta SPT XRP RUN FLAT... I've had this tire on my wing and 3 Valkyrie... love it... :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.