GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as a longtime lurker, I finally made the plunge. I ordered my Kumho last night.
The Elite III lasted about 10,000 miles which is pretty good for me. (The 250's made less mileage.) However, it developed a wobble on decel. This was very uncomfortable when coming down 40 from Asheville in the sweepers.
In addition, at 41 psi, the tire cupped very badly, thus, sounding like a big truck in the curves.
Anyway, I look forward to testing the tire and will give an update.
Thanks to all those who have contributed with knowledge and experience.
Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Mike I think your really going to love the Kuhmo. I lurked around for sometime and then took the dive and I am Very pleased that I did. These guys on this board will NOT steer you wrong and they will help you anyway they can with advice. So get ready to be smilin alot cause I think your gona love it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Mike,
Hello and welcome to the dark side. I joined a month or so ago. I also have the 195 Kuhmo and an '06 Dark Red Wing. + a ( 98 Valk and an '04 Rune ) I changed the original dunnie out at 10,400 miles. I have approx. 600 miles on my Kuhmo, some of it dragging and scraping my pegs with no problems ( pressure 32 lbs.) I love the ride and feel of the tire.
I am wondering if any of our more experienced dark sider comrads ran their Kuhmo's REALLY hard in the twisties without slipping or early wear to the outsides of the threads and what pressures they prefer while doing so.
Rich K ( WingSki )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts