GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to the Darkside…Due to a Motorcycle Tire Failure.
I will be running a Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16.
Do not have it yet or ridden on one, but I am looking forward to it.
I have two main questions at the moment…first, what seems to be the best PSI to run it at and I have read some things on the effect on the front tire with a CT on the rear.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
The most used pressure is from 34 to 36 psi, depending on your load. I put the Bridgestone 704 on the front at the same time, but i have not heard of any issue with the front tire, due to the CT on back. Have fun I have the same tire. 6,000 so for a won't even look back.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Run flats 30-34psi non run flats 40-44 psi is good Starting place.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the world! Enjoy your Kuhmo!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Yep 30-34 psi will work fine. Just fine your "sweet" spot.

A CT on the rear will cause no ill effects at all on the front. Some have claimed it cured minor irritants coming from the front. :shrug:

I have found the CT doesn't care what you run up front, stock tire, bias-ply front or bias-ply rear from a smaller bike. It just doesn't care.

Welcome the the enlightened.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I found 28psi on the 3 kumhos I have ran is the best for good tread life. That is for just 1up and no trailer.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
For my first RF Kumho, I ran 34psi and the center wore slightly faster than the edges. So for my recent replacement, I'm reducing the pressure to 32psi.

Just went to the Darkside…Due to a Motorcycle Tire Failure.
I will be running a Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16.
Do not have it yet or ridden on one, but I am looking forward to it.
I have two main questions at the moment…first, what seems to be the best PSI to run it at and I have read some things on the effect on the front tire with a CT on the rear.

·
Registered
474 Posts
32 for me also, but I think you meant a 709 front.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
started 36 then 34 now Im at 32 and like the ride alot better wife like it also 36 too hard.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
32 it is. On day two I got the chance to take it on the low land and mountain twisties. Damn it handles great and feels so much more stable than before. Going to try and get it out again tomorrow on some more great roads around me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts