GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the Kuhmo 195/55/16 RF for back tire.

What tire pressure should I keep it at? Mostly ride 2 up (heavy) and pull trailer.

Should I get a CT for front also? If so, which one? Hadn't thought about it but no reason to just go half-way.

Ron

·
DSI Keeper
9,166 Posts
Welcome to the darkside! A great tire there, you selected. I chase one all over Appalachia. A good place to start would be 32 psi. If you are loading up the bike, perhaps 34-36. Anymore, and the center tread will disappear quickly.

No CT's on the front, only rear bikes tires mounted sometimes in the reverse rotation. These are all bias ply and have much deeper tread. Myself, I just stick with the BS G709.

Give me a shout when you decide to be added to the list.

:congrats:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
:congrats:Ron! You chose a great tire to start with IMHOP. I ran 32psi in mine 2 up and pulling a trailer. I'm no light weight either and that pressure worked just fine for us! Lots of good info here by folks that have pioneered this "cult".

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Try 32 - 34 psi and see how it feels. That's what I ran in mine.

No CTs for the front. Double Darksiders are actually running a Battlax BT45 rear MT tire on the front.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Running mine at 36 psi. I am about 295 and any less pressure feels "squishy" but at 36 I feel like I am rock solid.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Welcome, you'll enjoy the peace of mind that a Run Flat will give you and yours. :thumbup:

As has been said: Start at 32 and experiment a little.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: welcome to the Darkside! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Just bought the Kuhmo 195/55/16 RF for back tire.

What tire pressure should I keep it at? Mostly ride 2 up (heavy) and pull trailer.

Should I get a CT for front also? If so, which one? Hadn't thought about it but no reason to just go half-way.

Ron
:congrats: and next time your through Wi. come get your very own Darkside cookies

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts