GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returned from Rail32's (thanks again Randy) and getting the Kumho RF 195/55/16 put on the wing. Got about 400 miles on it now after riding home yesterday and taking it out on the more familiar twisty's around here today. Did not have any problem adjusting to handling left to right and back. Great in the twisty's. Feels a little "stiff" when taking off from a light and making a right or left turn, just need more time in the saddle. Too hot out to test that to many times....had to keep moving. All in all, I love the way it handles and feels. Thanks, again to Rail32 and Vettersherps. Already contacted Murgie & TJRANCH.
Ed/rdcapt:excited:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the DS rdcapt. The Kumho is a good tire choice.

I don't care what they say about that rail guy, he is alright.;)

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I don't care what they say about that rail guy, he is alright.;)
Sadly it's mostly true :oops: Another Darksider added to Wi. It's like shooting fish in a barrel really. When I get your new Kumho mounted up Darkside cookies will be yours Ed.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:and welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Way to go Ed. Just wait till you hit the twisties. You will really love it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside Ed :congrats:

I think the car tire is the official motorcycle tire of Wisconsin :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome :agree:I love the Kumho too.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I hope you got cookies.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get the cookies ready Rail. See you next week.:eat2:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Well Ed just rode off into the sunset with a brand new Kumho mounted on his rim on his bike. No cookies where given at this time due to the heat and humidity here in Wi. I do not need my non air conditioned house any hotter than it is already. No worries his friend Al fellow Goldwing rider came along for the ride and is having me mount a Kumho for him on his spare rim along with a real valve stem :thumbup: So when heat breaks wife will whip up a double batch of cookies for these 2 new darksiders. Well back out to shop so i can take that stupid round thing of off his rim and pitch it ;)

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside Ed :congrats:

I think the car tire is the official motorcycle tire of Wisconsin :lol:
If not yet I am doing my part to fix that :thumbup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again Randy. Already left messages to add another (Darksider) to the collection. May have to have a special batch of MN cookies prepared. Great ride home, still aiming at tire snakes as I head down the road. New tire was fantastic and really different that the "used" one. Got used to it but the new one "fixed" the questions that the "used" one brought to mind. Will keep in touch....anyone need a LEGO Darksider? Got mine on my Farkle Shelf.:excited:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the "Evil Empire".

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
We're on the Dark Side Now

Just had my Kumho RF CT mounted on my '05 1800. Noticed a bit of "stiffness" in low speed curves. Required a bit more press in the turns otherwise a great ride over the Bridgestone MT on the rear. I choose the RF for better protection against blowouts.

Question for you long time darksiders...what pressure/s are you running in the Kumho on the rear? Kumho recommends the use of a TPMS with their RF so I installed the Doran TPMS to monitor tire pressure. The system gives an alert should the tire pressure drop 12% below the set pressure or identifies a rapid loss of pressure. Right off the bat the system identified a very slow leak in the Kumho on the rear.

·
DSI Keeper
9,170 Posts
sailorman, welcome to the forum and the darkside. You picked a great tire. :thumbup: I find most run them at 32 psi. I used to ride them at 28 on a Pirelli but trying to balance out the wear between the center and the edges. It is always about give and take.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts