GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a couple months back, I bought an extra tire and wheel off e-bay. Just today I ordered a Perelli to go on that extra wheel. Can't wait for the weather to get a little better, and give this Darkside stuff a try. How do I get my number???

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome Home......:thumbup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Welcome aboard. You'll be surprised how much you'll like it.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome to the fold :thumbup:, and don't worry about the weather getting better, when the weather is grim, that's the time you REALLY feel the benefits of a CT. Been through snow, downpours and slush on mine and enjoyed the ride instead of arriving at my destination a nervous wreck.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will like the grip of that Pirelli. Just remember you won't get the mileage like some of the others are getting with other run flats. Welcome to the darkside. You have a PM!
So..... care to tell us more?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Steve, what would you like to know?

Here is my Pirelli. Pictures taken last fall.

http://www.murgie.com/ct.htm
I'd like to know how aggressively you ride you wing. Weather you ride two up most of the time, tire pressure, gear taken on rides (weight factor) etc, etc. Many people here leave out those details. They do that in tire pressure threads too. 41 PSI is a rough ride for many who do not max out their ride with heavy loads yet many recommend that pressure.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One up, mildly aggressive (both pegs just have part of the acorns ground on), 28 PSI. I ride mostly WV back roads.
Cool, now I know where someone's coming from for real.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My Pirelli

I got 11,500 miles out of a Pirelli riding aggressively in the mountains of N. GA., N.C., TN. Pegs and hwy pegs show quite a bit of wear. Never able to get more than 9,000 miles out of MC tires. I ran 32 lbs. in the Pirelli and an now dropping my current Conti down to 30 to see how it works. The Pirelli still has a couple of 32's left but is kind of feathered on the edges.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, a couple months back, I bought an extra tire and wheel off e-bay. Just today I ordered a Perelli to go on that extra wheel. Can't wait for the weather to get a little better, and give this Darkside stuff a try. How do I get my number???

Today I joined the darkside. Installed a Pirelli run flat at '04 Black's shop. Put 32 psi in it as I've read here. First 3-4 miles I thought it would be OK in Louisiana and maybe swap back when I head to the mountains. Slow speed parking lot manuvering was a little different. Highway riding was just fine. Did some weaving at speed in my lane to get a feel for it. Made a couple of laps around the local traffic circle. Started feeling better. Ran some errands in town so I got a mix of highway and slow speed manuvering. By the time I got home, 45 miles later, I felt completely at ease. Probably won't be taking it off for the twisties. I can only imagine how much I'll like it at 245 miles and then 2045 miles.
I ride hard solo. With the wife and a trailer in tow I tone it down to keep her happy. Hope to order a pop up camper soon which should tow excellent with the CT.
CT, Dyna Beads and All Balls bearings. Guess I'm really living on the edge.
Now I need my number and decal.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Cool, now I know where someone's coming from for real.

Steve...Most of the guys run 30 Psi on any brand of CT.That is a good place to test out yours too,and adjust if you feel the need?.

I ride hard 99.9 % of the time,unless I'm on a slab..

Trust me when I say that you will be grinding the engine guards before a RF/CT will loose grip..I've tried four different brands up until now,and although CT's are just like MT's in regards to being slightly different in composition/grip from one brand to another,I haven't felt that any CT I've run would skip out on me like MT's did on me..
I'm not faulting the MT,Just the way I ride and apply throttle in a twisty..

What I have found is that the more I rode my CT the more confidence I had in it,resulting in my getting less fuel mileage and lower mileage..

I don't call that a dis-advantage,I call it upping the Fun factor to 10+ while on my bike..That's the price I pay to play,and I don't care! lol

BTW:
My cages love the fact that I take it easy on them now that I have this 18 to play with..:doorag:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts