GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from NH.

Purchased a white 2018 GW Tour DCT about 3 weeks ago. First GW. Been riding a 03 Honda Valkyrie, which I plan to keep. Couple of dealer demo rides, plus 2 demo rides at Americade convinced me. So far only Honda driving lights, luggage rack, trunk light and spoiler taillight installed (by dealer). First on the list of upgrades are: Russell Day-Long seat, highway pegs (leaning toward Rivco) and a taller windshield. Snow, salt or sand on local roads limiting riding time, but sneaking in rides when conditions allow.

Rich

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hello and welcome to the "club" though mine is the Candy Ardent Red. I've seen a couple of white bikes and they are nice looking. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Enjoy! I've really come to love this bike, so much fun to ride!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hello and Welcome! You will learn quite a lot here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome! I’ve had my 18 Tour DCT about a month. After 15 years on Harley’s. Love this bike more and more with every ride!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome to the White DCT club! I picked up mine just under 2 weeks ago. Love the DCT! Road conditions arent quite as bad down here in NJ as we havent had any significant snow yet so I've managed about 400 miles since picking her up.

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Welcome. It looks like your bike should be accessorized nicely. I have the RIVCO pegs and like them BUT admit they are funky looking

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome! I’ve had my 18 Tour DCT about a year and 15,000 miles.. After 20 years on Harley’s. I love this bike more and more with every ride! Brings a smile to my face every time I ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I've been lurking on and off for a few months and have picked up some very useful info. Already ordered the Honda service manual too.

Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a Harley rider for 18 years, I kept waiting for Harley to come out with a bagger that had reverse. They didn't so I checked out the 2018 Goldwing DCT on a demo and watching videos on YouTube. Well, got 3800 miles on my white DCT and loving it more and more. I kept my '14 Harley CVO limited and still like to ride it but the Wing is so smooth. As a real estate agent, a lot of times I need to initiate calls, with my Android phone, from the bike to clients which I can easily do on the Harley but not the Wing which is irritating. Also, only one power outlet on Wing for phone, IPOD? What I wouldn't give for a power socket in the trunk. I notice that my parking brake does not work, will have to have it adjusted on my first service. Great ride though and perfect as my second bike.

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
As a Harley rider for 18 years, I kept waiting for Harley to come out with a bagger that had reverse. They didn't so I checked out the 2018 Goldwing DCT on a demo and watching videos on YouTube. Well, got 3800 miles on my white DCT and loving it more and more. I kept my '14 Harley CVO limited and still like to ride it but the Wing is so smooth. As a real estate agent, a lot of times I need to initiate calls, with my Android phone, from the bike to clients which I can easily do on the Harley but not the Wing which is irritating. Also, only one power outlet on Wing for phone, IPOD? What I wouldn't give for a power socket in the trunk. I notice that my parking brake does not work, will have to have it adjusted on my first service. Great ride though and perfect as my second bike.

Solution get an Apple phone. Use Spotify , Tidal or XM for music(who uses IPOD anymore ?). No extra ports or power needed

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
You can add an accessory USB port.

There is a thread (by wingwing iirc) where he shows how to install it in the truck instead of in the default location in the LH saddlebag.

Presumably Honda used that location so the could supply one kit that would work all 3 bike configurations - the tour, for the airbag, which has the primary usb in the trunk, and for the B model which doesn't have a trunk.

Should be able to use phone settings to download phonebook from android and use bike interface for dialing.
Failing that an android paired to a headset can make calls using voice commands. (did that when still riding a 2014)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts