GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SIMS - Snowed In Motorcycle Syndrome. Ugh. You can just make out the front-end of my gorgeous baby snuggled into the garage.

This is the view up my driveway after numerous hours spent clearing a path to the street (which, BTW, isn't clear itself).

Here's the view from just inside the garage where the Wing is parked:

And this is a view of my street - so it looks like I won't be Winging around town anytime soon.

I'll just keep telling myself - it's gotta warm up sometime!

On the plus side, it sure was pretty this afternoon after the sun decided to make an appearance!

Merry Christmas to One and All!

Dag nab blizzards!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Since your driveway looks so great ( :yes1: ), I think you should start on the street.
They're going to plow a 4 foot barrier at the end of your driveway when they get there anyway.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
gray_red_rider said:
Since your driveway looks so great ( :yes1: ), I think you should start on the street.
They're going to plow a 4 foot barrier at the end of your driveway when they get there anyway.
I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
[quote="gray_red_rider":34up7p4r]Since your driveway looks so great ( :yes1: ), I think you should start on the street.
I was thinking the same thing.[/quote:34up7p4r]

+2

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
chuck_b24 said:
[quote="Lewis/EC":pyiux97o][quote="gray_red_rider":pyiux97o]Since your driveway looks so great ( :yes1: ), I think you should start on the street.
I was thinking the same thing.[/quote:pyiux97o]

+2[/quote:pyiux97o]

Yup, they always do. That will beat the thigh-deep snow I have in my
cul-de-sac though. At least I'll have a chance of getting out then. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ahhhh Bill .........

You will have that stuff all gone by the time I get out there in early June won't you :?:

I best not be too cocky ..... we've not been hit with any major snow yet ... but there's still plenty of time for ma nature to make up for lost time.
Ornery old broad .......... :cus:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I spent three and a half hours yesterday behind a snow blower just to clear my driveway (500ft to get to the road). The road out front has twenty inches of snow on it and I don't expect to see a plow until Sat.

I'd rather be stuck at home than at DIA or COS airports some of those folks are not going to get out until after Christmas. In the case of DIA when a major hub goes down the ripple effect around the country is astounding.

Baby sits in the garage on the battery tender and won't see any pavement time for a long while. :( Dave

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Toyota truck in the driveway had been in the street, just east (ahead) of my driveway. Thus, there's a pretty large clear spot where the truck was parked that should prevent the 4' plow-wall when they come through.
Neighbors that were here for the last big one in '03 said they just brought in a front-end loader to clear things. That would also (hopefully) prevent the plow-wall.
I suppose I could ride down the driveway, and then reverse back up a few dozen times.....

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Notsluggo - We are wondering what part of Denver you live in. We
moved from Highlands Ranch several years ago. Looks like a great
area. It looks like some of the snow is starting to melt already. When
it snows in Iowa we have it for a L O N G T I M E. Blessings.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CMABob -
Thanks for your response and compliment on the appearance of the area.
I live in Lone Tree. So, if your memory is relatively fresh - Lone Tree is straight east of Highlands Ranch. And yes, it is a very nice neighborhood that we dearly love.
For too many years, I lived in Omaha (14 - seemed like 25) - so I know how a good snow can stick (pun intended) around for way too many months.
This storm ended on Thursday afternoon. Today, Tuesday, the temps are in the low 50s. Who knows, maybe I'll get to make a New Years Day ride.
Of course, the weather people are starting to worry about another storm due to roll in here on Thursday. Here we go again!

·
Registered
287 Posts
We did not get as much as you did in Denver only about 18 in. I have a plow on my truck , I hate shoveling !!!
![/img]

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
WBUNT
I sent you a email after we talked last nite and have not got a reply.

PS jimmy called today and said you all realy getting the snow.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I got your e-mail and sent you one in return . We have over a foot at this time and it is still snowing , this is going to be a fun one !! I will send you some pictures if I can get a e-mail to you .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts