GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby needs new shoes, so I just dove in with both feet. Ordered BT 45R from Jake Wilson, and BS Ecopia 100 nrf and Centramatics...

Plan on installing ASAP after receipt. Really looking forward to see how my choices will do on my 06 GL 1800. Sure appreciate all the insight and first hand suggestions I've gleaned from this forum.

Will ride NW GA and SE TN on various rtes testing and gaining confidence...next longer trip in approximately 3wks...Chattanooga to Marquette MI (upper peninsula) and some meandering along the way for probably around 3000 miles which should give me a good chance to give them a nice test.

Thanks again. Doug / AG5I

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside.:congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: Doug! After you get all that on there the smooth ride will have you so confused, you won't know what to think!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If you are heading to the UP, you should send Rail32 a PM and stop be his place in Wisconsin and pick you up some Darksider cookies:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
By all means get ahold of me on way through and Darkside cookies can be yours !!:congrats:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellows, I am really looking forward to the smoooooth ride, and I will view my atlas and see if a side jaunt to meet and eat....LOL can be worked out.

As I get closer to departing, I will contact you and see if it's a go!

Just hope my experience on the DD side proves as satisfying as my fellow darksiders....everyone be safe and enjoy!

Doug / AG5I

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Dumb ?, I'm sure but, how does mounting a BT45 on the front make one a double dark sider?
It's the term used when on mounts a rear tire on the front with a C/T on the back. My understanding is a lot of bike shops won't do that either.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully I am correct that running a rear tire on the frt qualifies as a Double Darksider...if not, please excuse my error.

Doug AG5I

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Oh, cr*p! I'm a double-darksider and didn't even know it. I'm going to H**l for sure.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Doug ~ you have a pm.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Ronnie. I sent you a pm reply. Should I have any further questions I will give you a call..perhaps we can meet up and do riding.

Doug

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess you read you need to mount the front BT45 backwards.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Recieved the call from the shop doing my mounting of DD's and Centramatics....that everything is done, and as per him, it went well. This is his first mounting attempt...and he is very impressed.

Said he took it out on a test ride, of course with my permission, and he really liked how the tires handled...

His shop does lots of work on HD's and that is his current ridel Based on how the Wing handled, he said he' d look into it for his Ultra Classic...

Don't know the final bill as of yet, but he assured me that I'd find his pricing resonalbe...guess we'll know tomorrow.

I will add my riding thoughts as I get some time to ride...probably tomorrow or over the weekend. In the meantime, be safe and enjoy!

Doug / AG5I

1 - 17 of 17 Posts