GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a chance to really test the new ECM flash #2 (for stumble and a little more power) that I purchased and how nice it is.:lol: They say it's not much more power but it really does feel like there is. If it's just a faster throttle response, I can't believe the difference that makes or how bad the original was. It seems to really pull harder and faster than ever and no more stumble yet to be found. Thanks to Fred H. and Guhl Motors for stepping up and doing this to make the bike safe again.:thumbup: It actually does feel like a different bike now.

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is the first time I'm hearing of an ECU flash for a GoldWing! Details, Details, Details please! Ghul is a well respected tuner as well so I'm interested in what you had to do. Do you send him the ECU (usually the case)? How much was it? Any Dyno results or plans for? Turn around time?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
This is the first time I'm hearing of an ECU flash for a GoldWing! Details, Details, Details please! Ghul is a well respected tuner as well so I'm interested in what you had to do. Do you send him the ECU (usually the case)? How much was it? Any Dyno results or plans for? Turn around time?
Fred [posted the dyno chart of when they used my wing as the guinea pig,, it shows before and after results,, BUT like this poster stated that chart does not do the flash justice.. it felt like a new bike,, so much so i Had decided to keep this wing a long time.. I had ordered new torq exhaust torq loops comfort controls all told over 2000. worth of new goodies because i liked the improvement that much... BUT my wing got totaled last saturday , intentionally

·
Banned
792 Posts
BUT my wing got totaled last saturday , intentionally
How is that? :shrug: All this work and now no bike, any details for us that are in the dark?

·
Registered
246 Posts
How tough is it to remove the ECM on the 2012+ bikes?

Thx,
Dean

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Not bad at all,it took me about an hour yesterday,you just have to remove the center and left side to access the ECM. I'll be leaving in about an hour to have mine done.

QUOTE=dlare;5917225]How tough is it to remove the ECM on the 2012+ bikes?

Thx,
Dean[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Fred [posted the dyno chart of when they used my wing as the guinea pig,, it shows before and after results,, BUT like this poster stated that chart does not do the flash justice.. it felt like a new bike,, so much so i Had decided to keep this wing a long time.. I had ordered new torq exhaust torq loops comfort controls all told over 2000. worth of new goodies because i liked the improvement that much... BUT my wing got totaled last saturday , intentionally

Huh !!! :shrug:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any videos out there on how to get to and remove the ECM?
I don't know if there's any video's out there other than Fred's DVD set, but as a previous post stated, if you know how to remove the left and center plastic, it's sits on the left side held in with just a rubber strap.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I don't know if there's any video's out there other than Fred's DVD set, but as a previous post stated, if you know how to remove the left and center plastic, it's sits on the left side held in with just a rubber strap.

Not mine, (06) it's under the shelter over the air box, basally right under the radio.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Probably disconnect the battery first?
D

Not bad at all,it took me about an hour yesterday,you just have to remove the center and left side to access the ECM. I'll be leaving in about an hour to have mine done.

QUOTE=dlare;5917225]How tough is it to remove the ECM on the 2012+ bikes?

Thx,
Dean
[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
792 Posts
From what I understand someone intentionally ran him off the road. But I will let him chime in and give the details.
I thought that only happens in Russia. :lol: There are a couple of videos showing this very thing.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
I am not sure if he will be able to tell for himself or not. His avatar says banned. Anyone know why?
Wow, one minute you are here and the next you have been shipped off. This place is scary that way. :roll:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I am not sure if he will be able to tell for himself or not. His avatar says banned. Anyone know why?

His last post was on this thread, #4. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts