GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had heard about the ECM making a difference but had written it off along with a lot of other "feel" things we are often led to believe.

The low-end performance is so different, it is like a new bike. I am amazed. I have no idea if it has fixed the overheating problems as I have only done 50 miles on it but man, WHAT a difference.

To make it even better they did the whole thing and the speedo/tach replacement in one day.

Got my baby back in less than 24 hours, no time for withdrawls to set in. :D

FTW
GL1800A / 2001

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
FTW, Sometimes the guys and gals on this board know what they are talking about. I never hesitated for a moment to get the ECM done.

Bulldog

·
Registered
569 Posts
ECM change

The only problem I have noticed is that the idle speed increased to about 1100 RPM, where it used to be around 700. Other than that, it runs fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: ECM change

Leonard said:
The only problem I have noticed is that the idle speed increased to about 1100 RPM, where it used to be around 700. Other than that, it runs fine.
"Problem" Leonard?? <g>

It is a lot smoother from a standing start and rolling the throttle on in 1st and 2nd gear. Maybe that's a function of the increased idle and nothing to do with the ECM. Whatever it is, I like it.

Hey Bulldog, I agree whole heartedly. I never hesitated to book it in for the upgrade. I have only owned it for a month (1300 miles aready) and when the dealer ran the VIN it showed the ECM and pulser rotor and I booked it in right away.

I didn't care if it made a difference or not, if Honda are offering to do it at their expense then it MUST be a good idea. I can't image they would replace the things if it was some sort of PR excercise.

It was a very pleasant surprise. I was NOT unhappy with the way it was, but it has got rid of the slight "jerkies" at low throttle both rolling on and off.

FTW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts