GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
this is a feature that i really dont understand. in my experiences, i never needed to constantly adjust the windshield, even if it were electric. i get a spot with the 1500 or 1800 and there it stays forever.

can someone tell me what i am missing by not adjusting the height.

loren

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why?

I rode a BMW K1200LT w/ electric windsheild. It was nice to transition from a secondary road to a interstate and raise the windsheild to avoid taking a wind beating without stopping. Its also nice to ride with the windsheild up, and then maybe lower it if it starts to rain so you can look over it. Ride up a tall montain, raise the sheild for warmth, down the otherside lower it for a breeze. I found it useful, wish Honda had included it on the top of the line touring bike. Not sure what I'm willing to pay for that advantage. L.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had one on my ST 1300 and liked it very much. I also didn't think it would be a big deal but after having one I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I adjust my shield depending on riding conditions and what kind of riding I am doing.
If I am LD riding, I put it all the way up to save energy by fighting less wind.
If it is cold or raining, I put it al the way up to block more of the weather. I look over the shield, even with it all the way up anyway.
If I am out enjoying a nice day of riding, I put it all the way down, so I can feel the wind.

·
Registered
126 Posts
One of the best accessories I knew I didn't need until I had one.

I'd trade the remote and the CD hook up for one.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Before I put on my Tulsa,I changed my stock windshield position often,depending on riding conditions.
If it is warm,I like the shield in it's lowest setting,cold or wet weather,I like it up all the way.

But,all of my riding is done in the spring and fall,so most of the time it's in cooler weather. The Tulsa is best suited for my weather.

G

·
0 Posts
loren said:
this is a feature that i really dont understand. in my experiences, i never needed to constantly adjust the windshield, even if it were electric. i get a spot with the 1500 or 1800 and there it stays forever.
can someone tell me what i am missing by not adjusting the height.
loren

While waiting at a red light show how cool you are by raising and lowering your windshield several times.....bystanders will be in awe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts