GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All New 0.99% Fixed APR Program Starts February 4, 2009
February 4, 2009

To All Honda Motorcycle Dealers:

Honda Financial Services in conjunction with American Honda Motor Company is pleased to announce an all new 0.99% APR fixed APR on select models, effective with contracts dated February 4, 2009 through April 30, 2009.

0.99% Fixed APR Program
· 2008 and Prior Year Honda GL1800 models
· 2009 & Prior Year Honda ARX models
· 2009 MUV models

In addition to the new 0.99% fixed APR program, the current 3.99% fixed APR programs will be extended through April 30, 2009.

3.99% Fixed APR Program on all 2009 & Prior Model Year Honda Models
· On-Road, Scooter and Dual Purpose Motorcycles
· ATV and MUV
· Off-Road Motorcycles
· Personal Watercraft

We offer all of these programs at our Ohio dealership. Call Ralph at 800-785-6761 to answer any questions.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Let me think....hmmm...I always wanted one of those Repsoil replicas...so..

I have $12,000 in mutual funds which are losing money everyday....lost about 27% last year

I can leave it there and lose more money

OR

I can spend it on a new motorcyle and pay 3.99%

Please correct my math but if I buy a a new motorcycle I will not only have a new motorcycle but I will get a 23% investment on my money.:p

Think the wife will buy that logic?? :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me think....hmmm...I always wanted one of those Repsoil replicas...so..

I have $12,000 in mutual funds which are losing money everyday....lost about 27% last year

I can leave it there and lose more money

OR

I can spend it on a new motorcyle and pay 3.99%

Please correct my math but if I buy a a new motorcycle I will not only have a new motorcycle but I will get a 23% investment on my money.:p

Think the wife will buy that logic?? :lol:
'
I wouldn't risk the bloody nose.

· Registered
2,801 Posts
.99%???
Is this for a Three Month Note?
Seems they always have a Catch on these.
Can you get a 5 or 6 year note at this rate?

· Registered
3,698 Posts

· Registered
2,380 Posts
Here is a question about these finance deals. I haven't financed a bike but at the car lot they always want to know first how you are going to pay. Their financing or others or cash. Several years ago I had indicated I would finance a car through a dealer. We came to an agreement on price and then a few days later when I said I would pay cash he started backing up. I didn't get the car. Since then I have wondered if the price is higher with cash and maybe lower if you use their finance. When they offer these low interest loans does the price of the vehicle go up?

· Registered
5,173 Posts
.99%???
Is this for a Three Month Note?
Seems they always have a Catch on these.
Can you get a 5 or 6 year note at this rate?
The current 3.99 rate for 09s is for three years only and is for "highly qualified" buyers. Also, as I just found out, you have to have no more than a $500 deductible on your insurance.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Cash. It's a toy, pay cash.

· Registered
2,801 Posts
The current 3.99 rate for 09s is for three years only and is for "highly qualified" buyers. Also, as I just found out, you have to have no more than a $500 deductible on your insurance.
So
In other words unless you can afford to drive a Mercedes,BMW or Cadi don't bother with tryin to get a 3.99% or .99% loan.
Seems to me if they really wanted to sell these things they would extend the time. They would make more money , yes it would take longer but more people could afford to buy new And not have to do like me and buy used.
Oh well.
The DWG is doing fine right now.
I don't have to be the one with the most expensive or newest Bike on the block.
I sure don't need a Bike that cost half My house payment and 200 more than my Truck payment.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Seems to me if they really wanted to sell these things they would extend the time. They would make more money , yes it would take longer but more people could afford to buy new And not have to do like me and buy used.
May I respectfully suggest that it is this kind of thinking and "spending" that has gotten the USA into the mess it is in today...people buying things they cannot afford...then extending their credit ad infinitum

Those low monthly payment long term loans wind up costing much more in the long run. Better to save for a decent downpayment then take a short term loan

Nothing wrong with "pre-owned"...I have purchased many a pre-owned vehicle

JMHO

· Registered
2,801 Posts
May I respectfully suggest that it is this kind of thinking and "spending" that has gotten the USA into the mess it is in today...people buying things they cannot afford...then extending their credit ad infinitum

Those low monthly payment long term loans wind up costing much more in the long run. Better to save for a decent downpayment then take a short term loan

Nothing wrong with "pre-owned"...I have purchased many a pre-owned vehicle

JMHO
Kinda see your point, But how bout this.
I can afford 350 a month for a Bike.
I can not afford 550 a month for a Bike.
Now if they let me have the bike for 72 months at .99% I Can afford it.
If they let me have it for 36 months at .99% I can not.
So whats your definition of Buying something you can't afford?
Yes in the long run It's more expensive IE they are making more money on it. But over 6 years its affordable.
Over three it is not.

· Registered
2,032 Posts
Like SMSgtE8, if it wasn't for the recent trike upgrade, it would be tempting to get a new 08.

· Registered
234 Posts
After reading these post I think I am going to keep my 01 with 90.000 miles and wash and wax the bike to make it look new and save my money.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.