GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Hopefully Android support. The 18-19 downshifting upgrade the 20 has would be nice also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read of few of the upgrade posts, but am unclear. Is the firmware being updated (the last one and this upcoming one) related to the media system on the bike only or does it encompass additional systems?

Feels like an .iso file you can update at home and not deal with the dealer (if you don't want to) is a pretty great feature although not the over the air panacea we'd all hope for.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Thanks, Fred looking forward with much interest in the updates.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm told from Honda that an announcement on the new firmware is coming "soon". Hopefully it won't be long now. I expect Android Auto as well as other upgrades to be in this next update.
Thanks Fred! Android auto would be a great addition. Or maybe make it easier to pass a waypoint.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
What is different on the 2020 bikes on downshifting?
What I've been told is the 20's are a little less "clunky", or harsh when slowing to a stop and the tranny downshift to 3-2-1.

·
Registered
16,629 Posts
Thank you Fred!

prs

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm really hoping they take out that constant "return to missed waypoint"... I know they will never let me "use" the gps on the fly, so I'll hope for that! :) Thanks Fred!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts