GL1800Riders Forums banner

221 - 240 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Based on previous posts, EU version won't work on US bikes, even if you can get to the download.
Not sure if this is for me or Dave, but in case it’s for me I have a US bike that I imported to the UK.

·
Registered
358 Posts
EU Bikes needs EU maps..........so if you have an North American bike, the maps will be useless if you are able to update. EU Update wont have US maps

·
Registered
709 Posts
EU Bikes needs EU maps..........so if you have an North American bike, the maps will be useless if you are able to update. EU Update wont have US maps
Yep, I know. But the new update will presumably have other updates/bug fixes for the rest of the infotainment UI as well, so I figure it’s worth updating anyway.

·
Love The DCT
11,511 Posts
I called two dealers in PA a few days ago, neither of them have the update. I don't think its out in the US at all yet.
When the update becomes available, you will find it on the Honda Powersports website. The latest U.S. update available on the website is February 2020.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Thanks guys! But if the file that lives behind the link in this photo is the one I need, then it doesn’t look like the Honda website does any region checks, as I just clicked that link and it seems to be downloading (8+Gb though!! Might cancel the download and wait for the newer one)
The region check likel happens happens at install, rather than at download.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
In the NW we have the Compaq with Intel 8086 single thread 8-bit processor....zzzzzzz...........💩
Showoff! You must have gotten the upgrade, because the 8086 was a 16 bit processor! It was the 8088 that was the 8 bit. I had one of the first Compaq "portables"! 32 lbs of portability.

221 - 240 of 277 Posts