GL1800Riders Forums banner

241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Talked to Honda today to see what's up with the update they said it would be delayed no reason or time frame
So don't hold your breath on a June release
No rush. Maybe they're correcting a bug or two discovered in the earlier releases. Maybe they're adding a couple of last-minute features. Better they get it right then get it sooner. Not to mention that these releases are always good-news-bad-news affairs. They add features that are partially but never totally what anyone wanted, and afterward, when I haven't gotten quite what I wanted, I have to reset all my defaults. Even the big one--Android compatibility--will come with lots of yes-but-they-didn'ts that will be promised in the following release.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welp, last day of June and no dice, I guess that hacking stuff pushed our update back an unknown amount of time. Who knows when we'll be getting the improved GPS now. :cautious:

·
Registered
138 Posts
They've sent their programmers back to school, the ones here on H1B visas to learn how to sort MP3s using the embedded metadata instead of folders. I am not too optimistic we are going to be happy with the update anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Right side phone mount with google maps. Forget about the garbage honda gps and finickey carplay. 1000 miles this weekend and never worried about it once. Ran a power wire from battery tender plug to the cubby and then out to the phone mount. Phone ran gps all day and stayed at 100%. Easy to use on the handlebars and change routes and look for POI on the fly. Honda has a long way to go t make the gps worth using. I would have been happier for them to leave it off if i knew it was going to be this bad and put a decent head unit in there with some good speakers and an amp, along with a good FM antenna.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Right side phone mount with google maps. Forget about the garbage honda gps and finickey carplay. 1000 miles this weekend and never worried about it once. Ran a power wire from battery tender plug to the cubby and then out to the phone mount. Phone ran gps all day and stayed at 100%. Easy to use on the handlebars and change routes and look for POI on the fly. Honda has a long way to go t make the gps worth using. I would have been happier for them to leave it off if i knew it was going to be this bad and put a decent head unit in there with some good speakers and an amp, along with a good FM antenna.
Agree!!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Soon we will have google maps controlled by voice and the bikes handlebar controls on the bikes display...not to mention you will have wase too..I would much rather have that than sticking a phone on the handlebars

·
Registered
20 Posts
I run Google Maps with Spotify enabled as well a Storm Radar and JBV1 software for the Valentine One radar detector (this s/w pulls in crowdsourced alerts too). (JBV1 is Android only, i believe).

I use Car Home Ultra as a launcher, which is driver friendly, provides some good "dashboard " stats.

I play it through a Sena 50R, and leverage Google assistant for a good deal of hands free control.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 277 Posts