GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is there any place on that link that gives the release or version of what is being downloaded?
Or, are we just at the mercy of hearing something and potentually wasting hours downloading and re-loading the same version?
It states right on the page which release it is (in this case, it's the February 2020 release). I would assume when it's updated it will say it's the May 2020 release

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok newbie question's....If a person does not have a laptop (like me) how would 1 get said updates? Will the dealership do them free? And how do I know how far behind my 19 is on updates? Thanks..
I believe your Dealer would perform for free. My Dealer offered to do mine (for free). However, the update takes awhile to perform and I did not want to wait. Have fun. (y)

·
Chard Member
12,733 Posts
Ok newbie question's....If a person does not have a laptop (like me) how would 1 get said updates? Will the dealership do them free? And how do I know how far behind my 19 is on updates? Thanks..
No desktop either? Have a friend download it onto a stick for you.

Probably offer to pay for a stick and mail one of these guys would do it for you!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Is there any place on that link that gives the release or version of what is being downloaded?
Or, are we just at the mercy of hearing something and potentually wasting hours downloading and re-loading the same version?
Honda included a 'click here' hotspot on the link fred h posted that will take you to the number of the update and how to determine what version you have installed.

That link is for the feb 2020 version.

Since May 2020 update is 'imminent' you may want to wait for it.

Presumably, when it arrives, the May 2020 (or whatever they call it) version will be posted at the same location

·
Registered
320 Posts
My dealer does the updates for me. I grab a coffee, they pull it into the shop and in no time I’m back on the road.

Beagle

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have a desktop computer?, possibly know someone that could load it to a thumbdrive for you?
I'd use the dealer as your last option.
Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where are you located? I'm sure someone here would just let you use their update drive...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good News Fred. The original advertising on this bike announced Apple Car Play and that Android Auto would be coming. After the first couple months the advertising of Android Auto was pulled down.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Given my experience with freshly released software (I'm a computer/network engineer), I'd highly recommend downloading the existing version and saving a copy off somewhere, if you don't already have one, so you can easily roll back to the existing version if Honda does something you aren't happy with in the new release. Any major release means new bugs... This just occurred to me and I'm doing that now. As once Honda releases it, it appears the old version is no longer available.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Given my experience with freshly released software (I'm a computer/network engineer), I'd highly recommend downloading the existing version and saving a copy off somewhere, if you don't already have one, so you can easily roll back to the existing version if Honda does something you aren't happy with in the new release. Any major release means new bugs... This just occurred to me and I'm doing that now.
Amen to that, brother!

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Someday I'll figure out how multi quote works. Anyhow, at the website it shows the version number, and how to determine what version you have installed.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Unless you bought the bike there and have a good relationship with them, the dealer probably won't do it for free - after all it costs them their time.

However, there's enough of us on the board that if you get in a bind someone can help ya out with the update on a memory stick.

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
Update will have also have Android auto ( 18-20 models) , yes it´s official ,now i can write it
That's cool! Add more storage and improve the stereo and I might start regretting buying a 2017 instead. :D

Seriously, I'm glad for all us Android users! I knew it would happen eventually. (y)

41 - 60 of 120 Posts