GL1800Riders Forums banner

61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Love The DCT
11,453 Posts
Speed limits?? Will this new firmware update affect ECU reflash?
The nav up dates do not affect anything in the ECU. Ghost rider probably is referring to speed limits of highways being displayed on the the GPS.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Speed limits (Plural , yes displayed on gps) , not speed limit (singular)

Heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend that lives near the Honda factory in Japan. lol
In every forum there is a sarcastic joker , nothing new , sometimes sarcasm it´s the only thing they have left....

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
In every forum there is a sarcastic joker , nothing new , sometimes sarcasm it´s the only thing they have left....
Don't take offense. Over the years people have "bet the farm" on things they just knew were going to happen - some very trusted people even. "Inside information" being shared is more often wrong than not. If what you say is true, which I believe and hope it is, you will be vindicated. Now we just wait and see. :)

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Speed limits (Plural , yes displayed on gps) , not speed limit (singular)

JMHO from people trying to guess Honda's actions, since 2005.
I have plenty of "other things" left. 😂

·
Registered
21 Posts
The nav up dates do not affect anything in the ECU. Ghost rider probably is referring to speed limits of highways being displayed on the the GPS.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Where on the wing does the dealer plug in to do this update?

·
Love The DCT
11,453 Posts
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Where on the wing does the dealer plug in to do this update?
Update is done via a USB flash drive that is plugged into the USB cable that is located in the front storage compartment. You can do the update yourself.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Middle of june
but Android auto will be only one of the news
the map color can be changed ,improved audio sound quality , speed limits and few other
April 1? No......
New member? No......
Yanking our chain? Maybe.......but the rest of us would do bodily harm to fib about something like the Goldwing GPS. ;)

I'm all in on this one........thanks for the information! (y)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Can't wait, although Honda has disappointed us before. Hope this is the golden ticket to the Willy Wonka factory.

I've been using my android phone to Bluetooth the Android Auto sound while using the honda gps on the bikes screen. Kind of a band-aid fix.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Middle of june
but Android auto will be only one of the news
the map color can be changed ,improved audio sound quality , speed limits and few other
Map colors are being improved??!??!?!?

This was in all honestly one of my largest hangups while trading my '16 RGU in for the '18 Wing: the Harley GPS simply had much better color contrasts on the map while the Honda GPS was terribly unreadable due to white roads on white background.

If they truly fix this in June I will literally do a Dance of Joy. I'm not lying. I will dance around my house and chant pleasant compliments to Honda with earnest gusto.

61 - 80 of 139 Posts