GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
To be more accurate : maps colors can be chosen direct from the menu screen
So currently we have day mode and night mode, but the road to background contrast is terrible on both.

Can you please clarify, are we getting new colors to choose from? Can we select the colors of roads to display? I don't care how they do it but if they fix the contrast issue I'll be super incredibly stupendously happy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love my Wing. I loved my Pixel 4XL too, but I gave that to wifey and bought a cheap-ish iPhone SE just because of Apple CarPlay. Don't think I'm complaining -- I'm not. That phone is great too and gadgets are my hobby. What I'm seeing here is a chance for Honda to appeal to those people who are THIS CLOSE to buying a Gold Wing but just can't stomach the idea of switching to Apple. For me? Android and Apple are both great. I personally prefer Android but it's not because it's "better." I'm not bitter that I just got a shiny new iPhone that I didn't need. Instead, I'm looking forward to a future day where my next new phone purchase won't be dictated by something like which vehicle I'm driving. Go Honda! (Full disclosure: I usually buy a new phone every year. I know, it's a sickness.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
If they truly fix this in June I will literally do a Dance of Joy. I'm not lying. I will dance around my house and chant pleasant compliments to Honda with earnest gusto.
We will need video proof of this

Indeed. The Rule of the Internet: "Pics or it didn't happen."

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm told from Honda that an announcement on the new firmware is coming "soon". Hopefully it won't be long now. I expect Android Auto as well as other upgrades to be in this next update.

Found this I hope it helps. I I hope this upgrade is just as awesome as the the Apple carplay system.

Krusty Out

·
Registered
2 Posts

Looks like this is the app that will run the Android Auto with the bike interface. They say mid June is the push for the bike to have the upgrade let's hope that goes as planned..

Found this I hope it helps. I I hope this upgrade is just as awesome as the the Apple carplay system.

Krusty Out

·
Registered
250 Posts
So Harley Boom GTS owners just got their update that Included Android Auto. Harmon Kardon unit there as well. Early indications suggest its OK. Common June!

Craig

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a motovlog channel now, if they fix the GPS then I just might put a video up of me doing the Dance of Joy! :cool:
I watched your Future of Harley Davidson video. You've got beautiful roads in your area to ride. I enjoyed watching your video and I agree with your assessment of HD. 👌

·
Registered
283 Posts
So,... after this update my 2019 Goldwing will have Android auto as an available option to the Apple carplay or is this just going to be on the new models made after June??
If you install the update, I would expect so...

·
Registered
527 Posts
I watched your Future of Harley Davidson video. You've got beautiful roads in your area to ride. I enjoyed watching your video and I agree with your assessment of HD. 👌
Thanks! Yeah Pennsylvania is a great riding state. I've been in 46 of the contiguous 48 states and I'd honestly say PA is easily in my top ten best states to ride in. Not quite top five though.

I actually uploaded a video talking about the upcoming GPS update and how excited I am for it. Mid June can't come soon enough for me, I really truly hope Honda knocks this out of the park with a bases loaded home run.

·
Registered
163 Posts
SWVER.jpg
This is the version I have, is that the latest one so far ?

81 - 100 of 139 Posts