GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed new fog lites yesterday. Any guess how long it will take to break one without covers. I really don't like the looks of the covers. Any chance of getting a year @ 10,000 miles.
Thanks, Mike

M

·
0 Posts
Mike, Contact Electrical Connections and get a set of amber covers for them. It sure helps the cars see you with them on. I think that they look great on the bike.
And if you do not like the amber color, put some clear ones on. You will not be able to tell if they are part of the lights or not.

S

·
0 Posts
It's not a matter of if they bust it's when . I went two years without any problems then within a couple of weeks I took one out , changed the lens and a week later I took it out again .

The 3m clear stick on rock guard may be better than nothing . ;)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's not a matter of if they bust it's when . I went two years without any problems then within a couple of weeks I took one out , changed the lens and a week later I took it out again .

The 3m clear stick on rock guard may be better than nothing . ;)
I also use 3M film. EC sells replacement lenses:

Replacement Clear Lens, Part No BBP 10-604L Cost $6.95
Trev.

·
Registered
58 Posts
:shrug: It's all a matter of luck, Ive been riding 7 years without any lens covers on mine, although I only have 42K on the bike.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
One of mine got cracked within months of removing the covers. I got tired of removing the extra covers to clean between the lens so I removed mine. That was a mistake, it still works but is cracked.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Fog lights

I run mine over a yr, 18,000 miles, no problems. But, after seeing the amber lens covers from EC I decided to run them. Makes the lights much more visible in the daytime.

·
Registered
262 Posts
fog lite protection

Tulsa sells the 3-m protectors
put them on with the help of some kind of heat
and then after they cool off trim with an exacto Knife

1 - 10 of 10 Posts