GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I never thought I'd be riding a Goldwing, but here I am, and liking it a lot so far. Mine is a 2018 demo bike that had 521 miles on it when purchased last Thursday. I put over 100 miles of that on myself on two separate rides with 2 lane backroads and 4 lane highway at 70-75 mph. I come from 3 Harley's over 12 years, then a BMW K1600GTL for 5 years. I think I got a good deal due to the demo status, but then that's what we all say when we leave the dealer with a new, or new to you, bike.

l love all the tech, the integrated starter-generator, I like the GPS so far and ability to control volume in my headset from the handlebars rather than reaching up to my helmet. I find it very composed at highway speeds, and not too sluggish on back roads. Missing my old 7 gallon fuel tank and about 5 additional liters of storage. The engines are both 6 cylinder, but the stump-pulling torque of the GW at low RPMs is pretty awesome. My range is down, but only by about 50 miles and I'm happy about regular gas vs. premium. Currently in mid-OHIO the difference in price is about $0.60/gallon. For me so far, GW saddle is more comfortable than the GTL and though it weighs about 30 pounds more, it feels lighter due to lower center of gravity. I could go on and on, and probably missed some important pros & cons but overall, a good switch and I'm looking forward to riding and learning more about the Wing after 5 years on the BMW.

Attachments

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
WELCOME TO FORUM. PLENTY IN OHIO FOR OU TO MEET " USUALLY AT A DQ !! :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Welcome from the shores of Lake Erie

·
Registered
314 Posts
In Jackson Ohio it is Michael's Ice Cream for Bubbles.
They are famous for their bubbles...a sundae topped with chocolate, marshmallow cream and lots of peanuts. They serve them in an old fashioned sundae cup and it overflows with toppings running down the sides onto the plate. YUM YUM!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Aggh you picked the best color and the fastest color too! Congrats and enjoy the ride, watch the wet ear syndrome as you smile from ear to ear as the miles go by-ride safe and ENJOY DA WING! GOLD WING(s) are wonderful pieces of machinery!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

·
Registered
292 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts