901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
DSI Keeper
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I've got the Sena 10's headset... Worked pretty good with three of us talking, maybe this 30 will be even better......... looking forward to more reviews......good or bad!

Ronnie

·
IronMan
17,539 Posts
Thats why i ride = so i dont have to talk/listen to 16 people. No cb either.

Reactions: CAWing and Danl

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thats why i ride = so i dont have to talk/listen to 16 people. No cb either.
The good thing is the CB has an "off" switch, so communication is optional. :joke:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wow! Way too complicated if you ask me. I could use it but to ask other riding partners to figure out how understand it is a stretch, especially at our ages (> 50).

Maybe if you had the same group on each ride ride that were in there 20s and 30s in might be worth it.

Anything bluetooth is problematic from time to time and will eventually cause frustration. Even having a charged battery every you want to use it. Sooner or later you'll forget to charge it and then when you need it it won't be there for you. And to complicate the battery charge, you now need everyone that you want to talk to to faithfully charge their batteries too.

Cooperation between a group sounds good but doesn't always work. As a volunteer I once built a 2 way radio system using a repeater licensed in Public Safety for a rail trail. The plan was to have an open channel used by 13 local police agencies and volunteers of the rail trail to cover 55 miles of trail. It worked great except it never got used because if you wanted to talk to someone, they didn't have their radio turned on. And the typical reason was that no one else did so why should I.

·
Registered
20,986 Posts
I have to agree the entire system is simply way to complicated for most folks, even a CB radio is to complicated for many folks but at least no dead batteries to deal with. I might be switching to Bluetooth someday but most likely not in the near future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts