GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

In a few days I'll be able to say I'm a new GL rider when I pick up my 2018 Gold Wing DCT (non-tour). This will be my first old-man bike and I'm looking forward to many miles around the country. I'm not new to riding...as I started riding dirt when I was 10, raced motocross and Grand Prix during high school and moved into street riding in my 20s. I haven't done any long distance riding since 2005 when I had a Yamaha YZF600 and completed a Saddlesore 1000. Around that time I was having so much fun I acquired a couple of tickets which was neither safe nor cheap so I decided to start track riding to get my aggressions out. I'll be starting my 13th track season, riding my 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R, in a couple months when the weather warms up. I hope to keep track riding into my 60s (I'm 54 now) but I really feel the call of the open road, thus the purchase of the 'wing.

I'll be reading lot's of discussions to pick up tips in the coming weeks, perhaps I may have a question or two for the collective wisdom.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from SoCal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy your ride here!!! Post some pics of the new ride.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I took delivery yesterday. I was a little nervous since I have never ridden a touring bike before and it was 39 degrees and raining. I think it took me about 200 yards before I felt comfortable. This thing is neat! So stable and comfortable, I feel like I'm flying a fighter plane looking through the windshield (never done that before). Can't wait for some better weather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts