GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally wore out my winter riding gloves,They have holes in them and cold air blows right in. I am thinking about buying new leather insulated guantlet gloves by Tour Master ( i think they make great winter gloves, I have had 2 pair),and maybe some air wings for my mirrors to keep the cold air off of my hands..what are your thoughts....please show pictures of your gloves and your air wings,,,,,Any input accepted....Thanx everyone!....Henry :idea: :?: :idea:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I found that the air wings let me wear a middle weight glove most of the time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been reading up on this topic here for a while now that winter is coming. I ride some 30 miles to work (one way) most days and used some cheap set of velcro nounted thingys I got as a gift last year. After my research and some heavy thought, I decided not to take any chances. Mirror wings, handwarmers under the grips and a good pair of light leather gloves. Should be good into the low 30's. Nice for the mountain rides with the wife this winter as well.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Jabba

Sorry but those light leather gloves won't hack the program.

I have Baker hand wings, heated grips and medium padded leather gloves.

My palms are toasty but the tops and fingers still get cold if I ride very far in the 40's.

Been thinking, lately I'd get some heavy insulated gauntlets. Would also help the fact that my heated jacket liner doesn't do much down around the wrists.

·
Registered
343 Posts
hand warmers

http://vpaccessories.com/

check out the wind deflectors for the grips. They attach w/ the factory clutch/brake lever screws and eliminate almost all direct wind on the hands and are not very noticable; they work! Another suggestion would be to investigate snowmobile gloves. I have an set and bought my wife a set (she has her own bike) and they are very warm and not too bulky to diminish handling on the bike.
Buck

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I have the mirror wings and Electrical Connection heated grips.. I ride
with the fingerless gloves all winter.. no cold hands for me..

cosmic

·
Registered
416 Posts
goldwinghen3 said:
I finally wore out my winter riding gloves,They have holes in them and cold air blows right in. I am thinking about buying new leather insulated guantlet gloves by Tour Master ( i think they make great winter gloves, I have had 2 pair),and maybe some air wings for my mirrors to keep the cold air off of my hands..what are your thoughts....please show pictures of your gloves and your air wings,,,,,Any input accepted....Thanx everyone!....Henry :idea: :?: :idea:
Wow, I realize everyone should get their money's worth, but dang! That's not being thrifty, that's being a tight wad. :shock:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Take a look at Arctiva Mechanized gloves. They have a small zip pouch on top where you put Hot Hands hand warmers. They generate enough heat to keep the blood flowing through your hands and fingers. I tried them for the first time Saturday and rode for a couple of hours in the mid-30s. I've got some Widder electrics, but can't imagine having to use them unless I'm riding in the mid-20s or lower.

Here's a link to an Arctiva retailer:

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/F-22400.html ... ID=1443174

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
I'm getting the new Gerbing gloves AND mirror wings. I should keep nice and toasty. 8)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just put baker wings on the o6 . They keep the air off most of the hand and the air doesnot blow up the coat now . I'm the only one that would notice this I'm sure but now that 90% of the air is off the hand I can feel air from the tunnel blowing on the thumb :eek: . I know it's a motorcycle, it's just sometihng I noticed :lol: Wings gloves should be good to go I have the EC grip kit on order, buy what everone says I should be in good shape .

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I still like Army-Navy Surplus gloves with the green wool liners. Very good feel on the grips. Stop all wind and cold down to the 30s. no good in the wet. Long cold rides in Michigan winter require snow gloves with Duct tape over the surfaces exposed to the wind or electric gloves.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I wear heavy duty Olympia gloves in the winter that are leather, windproof, contain thinsulate, and cost about $65. My fingers still freeze when the temp's in the 30's, so I'm also looking for better gloves - if there is any such animal.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
wing-renter said:
I wear heavy duty Olympia gloves in the winter that are leather, windproof, contain thinsulate, and cost about $65. My fingers still freeze when the temp's in the 30's, so I'm also looking for better gloves - if there is any such animal.
After work yesterday I stopped into the local cycle supply and asked about new gloves. I showed the guy the gloves I had and he suggested a glove liner. He sold me a liner made by Anti-Freeze and it claims to be wind-proof.

This morning was about 40 degrees going to work but my hands were warm. I think it was about 38 yesterday morning so it looks like these glove liners just might work. There is still alot more winter to come and it's going to get colder. Luckily, here in Tucson, we only have cold to deal with as there is no snow or anything to make us put away our bikes.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I used some Gerbing G-3 gloves the other day. First electric clothing I have owned.

Wow......... I like them.

It was only 44*F here , but they were great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts