GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove home my new Gold Wing. Couple of questions.

1#: There are some streaks on the plastic parts. It looks like when the dealer washed the bike it wasn't dried right away. I tried wetting and wiping but that didn't remove the streaks. Then used Honda cleaner and that helped but they are still noticable. The dealer says this is the coating that Honda sprays the bike with and it will come off after a couple of washings. Any comments?

2#: Any suggestions on fog lights? Honda products are too pricey. Big Bike lights I am told are not good. I got the Honda light bar for my VTX but was totally unhappy with them. Very difficult to replace the lens and bulb and you couldn't adjust them down far enough. Very poor design. Any suggestions?

3#: Floor boards. Rivco makes a good looking board. Anyone had these?

Thanks.

Bob

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. :)

Can't help you with the paint, but the Big Bike and Hondaline lights are the same as far as I'm concerned. All parts are interchangeable. I have had good luck with BB lights and so has anyone else I've spoken with.

You can buy 55 watt driving lights from www.electricalconnection.com The BB and Honda are 35.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can vouch for the Electrical Connection lights, they are top notch and really allow you to be seen. But, don't expect the install and adjustment to be any easier than the lightbar on your VTX. You can see the install instructions on their web site.

As far as floorboards go....I have a 30" inseam, and my dealer has a set of Kuryakyns on a bike in the showroom. I would have problems moving the bike around with them on because they extend into the area where I put my legs behind the stock foot pegs. My legs are not long enough to extend over the outer edges and still maintain a good footing. I would get opinions from people about your stature that have them before shelling out the $$. I had a Nomad before the Wing and I thought I was going to miss the boards and heel/toe shifter. It didn't take long to over that.

·
Banned
350 Posts
I have Kuryakyns floorboards, like'em and I have gotten used to folding the left one to get the sidestand down.

Fog lights; I have Honda OEM, seem to work fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GL1800 Questions

Thanks for the feedback. Good point regarding the floorboards for riders with shorter legs. The pegs so far are not a problem but I prefer the heal/toe over the toe shifter which is probably where I will end up at.

I understand that Honda Glare is the wax to use once the bike is clean. Supposedly a new product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts