GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there everyone! This is my new to me Gold-wing. This is my third motorcycle, my first was a Kawasaki 1991 ex500 I miss her dearly. My second is a 2003 Honda shadow 750 deluxe, she is my daily rider. I live in southwest Florida so all that I have is a motorcycle,(now 2) rain or shine that is all the I need. The gold wing was a huge step up from either of the latter.
I bought it for a better riding with the wife. I always wanted a Gold-wing found this one for sale and just had to get it.
Compared to the other motorcycles that I have had she is really heavy,(like the beetles song) I can control the corners better than the shadow. I think some of it is the bars on the shadow.
It was dark sided and that took a bit to get use to. I have been on the shadow for 3 years so it was a change. But it is a very nice ride.

I hope to get to know some of you that live close. I know there is a riders group in Fort Lauderdale so if there is anyone out there just say yoooo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles! I lived--and rode--in Tallahassee for 10 years. I'll never forget my first encounter with a swarm of lovebugs. I was digging lovebug guts out of cracks and crevices for months.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
welcome from florida plenty good info and rtes = ride to eat . theres a ride in in couple weeks in montrose colorado

Reactions: 65161

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
Welcome from Clearwater. I’m still dreaming of the day I can own a Wing!

FacePlant has a Florida Prowlers group. They have gatherings on a regular basis.

Enjoy the new scoot....

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My wing looks a lot like yours. Black with some chrome accessories.
I agree with you and the Beatles, She’s So Heavy”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Congrats on the new to you Wing, and welcome from SE Idaho!!! What year is it? Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome from the PNW just far enough from Seattle!

Reactions: 65161

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome from NM the Land of Entrapment..Rio Rancho NM

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Welcome from Melbourne, FL. Beautiful bike! However as a 2001 has evidence been presented to you that all the recalls have been performed? A brake recall and a frame recall both come to mind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from Melbourne, FL. Beautiful bike! However as a 2001 has evidence been presented to you that all the recalls have been performed? A brake recall and a frame recall both come to mind.
I looked up the the vin # and there were no recalls listed for that vin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

1 - 16 of 16 Posts