GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I have just purchased my first Goldwing and wanted to find out if there was an organization for Wichita.

I am interested in hearing about maintenance, any darksiders, etc....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey Larry. I used to live in Coffeyville. I have a step sister in Wichita. Fred & Peggy Warren

Phil

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi All.
I have just purchased my first Goldwing and wanted to find out if there was an organization for Wichita.

I am interested in hearing about maintenance, any darksiders, etc....
Welcome to THIS board. Lots of good information, some great information and some BS. It won't take you long to figure out which is which. Spend some time figuring out how to use the search function and you'll find most questions you may have have already been posted and answered. If you can't find an answer just go to the appropriate thread and post your question. Lots of good friends you will meet from this forum if you give it a chance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to this site

I have started my migration to the Darkside. Last Saturday I went up to Hesston and got my Battleax on the front of my Wing and this week I will add a C/T to the rear. Had my third flat on my Dunflop E3 coming home from state fair on Sunday. Got to station, plugged tire, got home and flat again. Not going to mess with it again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome!

Hey Larry, I went darkside this summer with a dunlop 195/60/r16. Love it. Too many flats with elite 3's, bridgestone, and metzler. Blew out the metzler on trip back from Niagara Falls this summer with only 2k miles on it. We ride 2-up mostly and pull a trailer, so fairly hvy load. With the CT on the back, the bike tracks like it was on rails--love it! Need the pressure at 40-44 to make it feel right in turns. There's a couple GWRRA chapters in town. If you're interested, I can introduce you to them. --Wally

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went Darkside Today

Larry, I went to the Darkside today when I got my new Falken 912 mounted on the bike along with the Bridestone Battle ax 45 on the front last weekend. Went for short ride today and could not believe how quiet the ride was. I would be interested in meeting some other wingers here in the Wichita area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds cool railroader. I would be interested in meeting for a cup of coffee sometime if you or Wally want to get together sometime.

Larry

·
Registered
185 Posts
I too live in Wichita! Had my 05 Wing about a month now. I'd be game to hook up with some local Wingers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to look into some of the groups that have been listed here, but in the meantime, anyone want to meet at jimmy's egg or Denny's this saturday (24th) in the morning? I am a west sider but willing to travel..:chat:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jimmy's Egg

Would love to meet new Wingers, esp on w. side, but will be out of town this week. Next time. --Wally:thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
This weekend

I'll be gone on Saturday, family first, available Sunday afternoon or usually any other time after 4:30 P.M. Looking forward to meet fellow wingers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey Larry

Live in Haysville, my brother in law and I both have 08's. I ran a Pirelli eufori run flat on the back for the last 14k, loved it. Made a mistake and ran to much air (34) and wore the center out, plenty left on the outside. I ride 1 up most of the time, so should have been running 28psi. I do most all the maintenance with the help of Fred's videos. Always willing to help another rider. Not sure I can make Saturday, but by cell is 371-6456, give me a call. Just got back a couple of weeks ago from a 3100 mile trip to Colorado and Utah. Ride with a great bunch of guys, but don't belong to a club.

Make sure you clear your calendar in the spring for the Rogers, Ark ride. I met Flint Hill Winger there a couple of years ago. It's a fun ride, and makes for a great 3 day weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like this Saturday would be a no-go, we will have to try again.

4profit - sounds like a plan. I have made 3 trips through New Mexico and Colorado on the VTX, got the Wing for next year's trip to Glacier National Park. I will give you a call about tires and maintenance. I didn't see your name in your profile.

Wally - The new bike hasn't made it on any trips yet, so I am short on pics. I guess I will have to try and get something on here.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Larry

If you're in town Cassoday run is a couple weeks off. I have inventory the Friday before, so got left out for the trip to Fayetteville. Look forward to the call.

Bryan

·
Registered
285 Posts
Woody.....I would consider, if I can get my pass punched by my S.O. Sounds like we would have to leave Wichita by 7, to be in Eureak by 8(I think) I've never done this run. My number is up above earlier in the post.

Bryan

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lol, not Eureka, Elk City! Bout 110 miles or so, prolly more like 2 hour ride to take the scenic route! Never done this breakfast either but I hear it's really good and a good turnout? Not sure when and where we are meeting yet, I will let you know! Hope you can get a pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts