GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best tire for the rainy south Florida. I pick up my 2003 yellow wing this Saturday. Even if we are having a hurricane.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: :eek:4:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Avon Cobra .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tires

Yea I know they are a touchy subject. I just want something that sticks when wet

·
Registered
149 Posts
I personally run the Dunlop Elite III and have had no issues with them not sticking in the rain. I dont ride as agressive as some folks on here do, especially in foul weather, but have been pleased with them so far other than the off-key singing when they start to cup. There are several opinions that have been posted on here that favor the Bridgestone's over the Dunlop's for better sticking in the rain. I have never ran a set of Stones on my bike, but may put on a set when these Dunlops wear out. Whatever you choose, check them regularly, keep them properly inflated, balanced and rolling!

Stay Well and Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I was talking to Goeff Gardisky (Manager MC Div of Centramatic's) he has tried all brands of tires and he said he is really sold on the New Conti-Motions. He has them on his demo bike and has had many people while testing out the Centramatic, state they really like feel of the bike with his set up. So you may want to look into them.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
The general concensus around this site seems to be that Bridgestones have the best grip and Dunlops wear the longest. And the Dunlop E-III's have the highest load rating.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
What is the best tire for the rainy south Florida. I pick up my 2003 yellow wing this Saturday. Even if we are having a hurricane.
which end of the bike?

Front--bridgestone 709
rear--check out the darkside threads!!

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Avon Cobra .
What Kit said... They are a bit more expensive, but stick like glue in the rain....

You're gonna love the new ride! ...and you got the right color! :congrats: AND welcome to the madhouse...

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

·
Registered
19,323 Posts
Metzler.

Go ROUND not FLAT in back

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
The last round tire I had were Metz 880's and they stuck pretty good and got decent mileage. There are a lot of options for good traction and wear.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I like the E3's, no hurricane coming. What part of South Fla. are you in? Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Considering your location, without a doubt a Winter RUN-FLAT car tire.

Here's why: Costs less (about 150 bucks), will last 25-75% longer and it has a ton of siping for water dispertion. And, yes, they work just fine in Florida's heat.

I dare say, you could forget about losing traction in the rear and only worry about the front.

A lot more info on the Darkside Forum.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Doesn't matter. No curves or hills there, just straight and flat. Slow down a little and any tire will do. But I like "Stones"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts