GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time to breakdown and replace my ZUMO 550.

1. I'm looking at a ZUMO 665. I see the XM antenna is included with it. as this will be used in both the car and bike how hard is it to move back and forth

2. I'm not real interested in XM radio but would like the traffic and weather features. has anyone done this

3. I do have a traffic antenna on the 550 is it possible that this would work with the 665.

More questions as I think of them

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have mine setup so that I can take the puck from the bike and put it in the car. No big deal. I bought a Garmin extension cable and I put the puck in the right fairing pocket. I just unplug it to put it in the car. As far as the puck for the 550, it is a different one for the 665 and is not compatible.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
The pucks are the actual XM radio receiver. I move mine just about every time I ride. The puck plugs into the bottom of the car mount. I just lay it on the dash. I have a piece of Velcro on the bike and a piece on the bottom of the puck to keep it from moving around.
There are several options that XM gives for music, traffic and weather. I have just the basic music and weather. Weather is Ok but not anything like Nexrad Doppler radar. A lot of times it will show rain and there is not any and vice versa, rain and not showing up on the radar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts