GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm a lurker on here...lol. Not n a pervy kinda way. :wrong:

I've wanted a wing for years and finally one found me. 2003 blue limited ABS w/11,000 miles. Seems to have all the bells and whistles. Only thing missing is me and a CT. After reading and thinking, I decided to give it a go and bought a Yokohama 190/60/16. It's not RF (i know,:flg: dont start on me about it. It was my choice) but I did get tpms for it and a 709 for the front. When the time comes to change it over what would be a good starting point on pressures? I seem to remember reading or seeing someone used one at 38 psi but I can't find it again. I live CO so mountains and curves and rain are my play ground. I also road race bikes so dragging a knee isn't new to me. But getting the right pressure (at least to start) is important for me and my passengers safety. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

And I fully intend to get a DS number and cookie recipe. :thumbup:

Cooner

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
PM Rail32...Murgie or Ohiowinger. They can help you with that. :thumbup: Welcome to the board...DS and congrats on the new (to you) GW!! Enjoy!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
832 Posts
38 psi at 65 to 70 degrees cold temperature will be a good pressure to start with for the non run flat yoko.
john

·
Registered
418 Posts
32 PSI on flat land and 36 PSI when the road begins to turn often... would be a good place to start!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Usually 42-44 psi is a good starting point for a NRF. Depending on how stiff or soft the sidewalls are you will need to adjust the pressure accordingly. Rail32 and JV have used the NRF Yoko, maybe they will chime in with their experiences.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Hi guys, I'm a lurker on here...lol. Not n a pervy kinda way. :wrong:

I've wanted a wing for years and finally one found me. 2003 blue limited ABS w/11,000 miles. Seems to have all the bells and whistles. Only thing missing is me and a CT. After reading and thinking, I decided to give it a go and bought a Yokohama 190/60/16. It's not RF (i know,:flg: dont start on me about it. It was my choice) but I did get tpms for it and a 709 for the front. When the time comes to change it over what would be a good starting point on pressures? I seem to remember reading or seeing someone used one at 38 psi but I can't find it again. I live CO so mountains and curves and rain are my play ground. I also road race bikes so dragging a knee isn't new to me. But getting the right pressure (at least to start) is important for me and my passengers safety. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

And I fully intend to get a DS number and cookie recipe. :thumbup:

Cooner
First off welcome to the board and the Darkside :thumbup:
That's not the size I run but I like my Yoko 195/55/16 at 40 psi for tight twisties and 36 for other riding .
Cookie recipe :shock: , nope but I will give ya Darkside cookies if ya come and visit me with that tire on your wing .

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Welcome to the darkside!:thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, rail32 are you riding solo or 2up? My second is only 100 pounds so I'm doubting that'd would affect the pressure much, less than 2psi is she's on....?? Just got back from a quick Oklahoma visit, 1600 miles and I have to say I'm very happy with the wing. Especially in strong cross winds!

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Cookies

Rail32, are you going to WindDing? I am so I will be in your neighborhood that week. Will be stopping to visit my Uncle that lives near Deerbrook. PM your location and I will make sure to stop by..

First off welcome to the board and the Darkside :thumbup:
That's not the size I run but I like my Yoko 195/55/16 at 40 psi for tight twisties and 36 for other riding .
Cookie recipe :shock: , nope but I will give ya Darkside cookies if ya come and visit me with that tire on your wing .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts