GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:coffee1:
hello all
new to site just got a wing after years of being picked on about my old bike and i was wondering if i might ask a favor. I need a little help with the bike. Am setting up the bike for my needs and i am having a heck of a time finding much information on the net and as far as my shop goes, well everything i have asked them if they would do it they go into this rant about insurance and well i think they know more about what they can not do as appose to what thay can do?????
Heck they almost chased me out when i asked about a aux. fuel cell and almost fainted when i inquired about going to the dark side and installing a car tire on the rear of the bike. Oh and as far as PIAA's go i dont want to repeat what they said about them! And when i asked them to check to make sure the heated seat and grips were gitting to temp. they had a fit. I almost am reluctant about having them doing my services. Did i mention they (yes the shop that sold me the bike) that if my hands were getting too cold i should think about wearing gloves (DUH), and when i asked about a better seating position they recomended buying a differnt bike. :wrong:
any recomendations
i am sinking fast here

thanks

rick s
st augustine
08 nav/comfort

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
There's good dealers and bad dealers. I had a windshield ratchet replaced under warantee and the kid spent 45 minutes telling me how much he hated working on wings.

They probably don't have anyone that can troubleshoot the grips things. Find a shop that has a good wing mechanic.

Most the darksiders find an independent tire shop for their mounting needs.

Contact Bartman about which shops are good.

Good luck.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the site. Please feel free to name names. Which dealer?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
You never cease to amaze me, Bart. You are one of the "real go-to" guys on this forum.

Whatever your questions and/or needs for the 1800, if he doesn't know, he'll know where to point you.

Speaking for many, Dude, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You never cease to amaze me, Bart. You are one of the "real go-to" guys on this forum.

Whatever your questions and/or needs for the 1800, if he doesn't know, he'll know where to point you.

Speaking for many, Dude, Thanks.
...agree. Bartman for president....:bow:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
And a pretty good guy too. Well, at least on a scale of 1-10, he's about a 5..., which is about 5 points more than most of us... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The truth of the matter is, if Bart doesn't quickly jump in to help, Snoopy will smack him upside the knee cap. :lol::lol::lol:

I think I got too much sun yesterday...:oops:

:joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow such fast responce

Bartman is THE man
before the next comercial could come on my show last night i was on the phone being schooled on the wing :thumbup:

major thanks
you do not know how greatfull i am to all your responces
i was beginning to think that taking care of my wing was going to be a pain in the bank account and a constant dealing with the dealership nut now i have hope :excited:

thanks guys

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Bart it seems you are the man. Can you please help me with my post marked visiting Florida?
Thanks
Kurt

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the board. You will be able to get information about anything concerning the goldwing.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Personally I can see a dealerships point on mods like aux. fuel cells and car tires in our sue happy society. The thing to do if you want those sort out of the main stream mods is to get to know others who've done them. This forum is full of diversity, you will find answers and maybe even hands-on help doing most any modification right here. Congrats on your bike and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Hey Rick - I know St Aug very well and First Coast Honda is the only dealer who touches my machine. (I drive over an hour to get there as I am in FARRR North East corner of Jacksonville.)

Tuesday is free pool night at the giggling gator next to the college. only 2 tables, but quaint lil spot.

Tradewinds is another kool lil spot, especially if you like live bands.

Send me a PM, I can prolly help you out a bit more than some since you are "local".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts