GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've moved to Wilmington from Wisconsin. I just came back yesterday from Daytona Beach with a 2009 Yeller' Level 4 GL1800.:yes:.......(my 7th Wing)

Are there any members in the Wilmington area? Can anyone recommend a good wrench here? Anybody around this area like Fred Harmon that likes to tinker with his own bike?

In Wisconsin we had a semi-regular Saturday afternoon group that would all pitch in and help each other with maintenance and farkle installs. Would like to find something like that in this area. Let's get a dialogue going......

Look forward to meeting some of you!

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,678 Posts
Welcome to the area. I'm up the coast a bit in Swansboro, about an hour and change from you.

Sorry, but as far as I know, there are no Fred Harmons nearby, but I do like your ideas.

I look forward to meeting you soon for a ride......it's about time for another RTE!

NC Coast safely.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I used to work there. Be careful of the traffic. Drivers there are terrible especially when it rains.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome N8!! Why don't you start a get together to work on the wing???
HAGD,
Alex

·
Registered
386 Posts
N8

Welcome N8. I, too, like the idea. Not much of a wrencher here, but do a little. Like Robeth, it's time for a RTE.

I'm about an hour south of you in Myrtle Beach.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to Wilmington. I live in Leland, Brunswick Co. just across the Memorial bridge. Ride with a great CMA group with several "Wingers". There are a couple of great mechanics who work on all types of bikes and have a lot of experience. The CMA group does a ride 2x a month and family dinner rides 2 Thursday evenings a month. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the website information. Regardless, it would be great to meet up for a ride. We have several bikers over here each with their own type of bike. Many fun places to ride especially in the fall. Look forward to hearing from you. NCGL1800 Trike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts