GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to all the fl riders! pick up new for me 04 wing about three weeks ago, down side is trying to get the grin off of face! just had her serviced, and some new stones put on, and on the 11th will be in north ga getting some suspension upgrades, then on the 12th hope to make a few dragon runs, if weather holds out may stay a day or two longer, wish you all well, and see ya down the road ! :tongue::cool::cool::cool::doorag:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: Welcome to the Real World.....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Welcome!Look forward to meeting you during one of our lunch runs, hope you can join us

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Welcome aboard. :cool: We have been known to have a lunch meeting or 2 or 3 on Saturdays. Look on the board for the one in your area coming in a 3 weeks or so... Ona, FL.... OR come on up to any of the others before then.

Hope to see you in Ona...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, will do on the lunch, not sure when, but we will make a few for sure, not to sure who trialman is ? have read enough to know who yw is, sorry, but would be glad to meet him, will try ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Welcome, jump on in the waters fine.:eek:4: glad winters over.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Welcome Yak,
So, where does that handle come from? Sounds like a Russian airplane or what my wife spends too much time doing on the phone. I was stationed in Tampa at MacDill back in the 70's and spent a lot of time at Clearwater Beach. I'm sure it's a zoo by now. I see you also like shooting, me too. Haven't done any lately except at squirrels with my BB gun. I look forward to meeting you at one of the lunches.

Tom

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yak is short for kayak, I have a couple of sit on top's I use to fish from, being stuck in the city does not lend itself to much shooting, but I go to range called knights, which has kinda gone down hill since the new owner took over, and yes it is mostly a zoo around here with traffic and such, you have to pick your times for riding, or head north towards citrus county, some nice riding up there. The area around here has changed for the worse, imho, as I was born here, and have put up with it for a long time, and just as soon as I can will out of here first chance I get, I do not care for large city's and millions of people (traffic, etc...) and prefer living in quiet small town. Nothing wrong with some squirrel slaying , lol among few others I also keep a pellet rife handy, Hope to meet ya on the rode one day, and since my first trip home on the wing, { from Pensacola} fifteen hours I took 98, around the bay and all. great ride if you ever need a place to take one, I am making my second long one to north ga, this weekend to vist max at traxxion,, and get the suspension upgrade, then on to Knoxville for a few days at the drangon, hope for some dryer weather ! man do we need the rain down here, lol :thumbup::cool:

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Depending on where you are in Georgia, if you go up 441 to Franklin NC, take 28 north from Franklin, it's a fantastic road. 28 runs into 19/74. You go a few miles west and pick up 28 north again. That takes you up to 129 and the dragon. I did this two weeks ago and it was great. Have fun and be safe.

Tom

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Depending on where you are in Georgia, if you go up 441 to Franklin NC, take 28 north from Franklin, it's a fantastic road. 28 runs into 19/74. You go a few miles west and pick up 28 north again. That takes you up to 129 and the dragon. I did this two weeks ago and it was great. Have fun and be safe.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts