GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud new owner of a 2009 Wing ABS (Blue) I upgraded from a 2004 ST1300. I picked up my Wing from a fellow board member last Thursday that post his bike for sale on Wednesday night. Made a deal over the phone first thing Thursday morning and headed out to pick it. I actually delivered my ST to its new owner in Arlington and headed to Forney to PU my new Wing. Loaded the Wing on my trailer and headed home. Woke up Friday morning after a quick oil change I headed to Wild West Honda for new Ft and Rear tires (Dunlop Elite 3s). By noon I was headed to San Antonio, the heat was a killer.
Road 3-Sisters Saturday and the weather a great, cloudly skies keep the temps down in the low to mid 90s. Not many bikers on the roads, I guess the heat kept most people away. Loved the bike. The power is awesome. Very well balanced. The GW is a GREAT Bike that I look forward to spending alot of time on. I rode the ST to Colorado in June and hope to take the Wing back in September.
Look forward to meeting some of the other local board members.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well nobody can accuse you of being a lightweight. That's alot of miles you put in and with this heat too!! Hope you enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
GLKeith,

You got lucky on buying the bike. I was right behind you on the purchase.

Early bird gets the worm!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the congrats. I love the bike. According the the owner several other people wanted the bike also. Glad I jumped on it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Agree, that was a smoking deal on that 09! I am hopefully picking up an 06 tomorrow and hope I enjoy it just as much.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike is in the shop due to a $3 brake relay switch, would have rlaced it my self if I would have known that the part is out of stock and will not arrive until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Having Wing withdraws this weekend!

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
you got that sweet LIMITED EDITION blue baby

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Congrats! Glad to see another Texas Winger! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts