GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi.

Bought a 2018 GW and went for my first highway ride today. Not that long, around 60 miles. Wow it is like I now have an adult's bike.
Was riding at CTX700 for the last few years and love it (still own it) but no comparison to the GW's ability to take on the highway.

Anyway I look forward to learning from each of you as I start this journey.

Thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
Happy for you. Just hit a couple of weekend group rides off of Meetup.com and each time, three or four Gold Wing riders showed up. Guy on a 2018 was handling the twisies like a champ.

Honda makes some great bikes - don't they!

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Welcome from LA (Los Angeles, not Louisiana)!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi.

Bought a 2018 GW and went for my first highway ride today. Not that long, around 60 miles. Wow it is like I now have an adult's bike.
Was riding at CTX700 for the last few years and love it (still own it) but no comparison to the GW's ability to take on the highway.

Anyway I look forward to learning from each of you as I start this journey.

Thanks

Welcome to the Gold Wing World. Enjoy your rides...!

I rode them for 40 years (1979 - 2019). They are great bikes.

The first ride I did on my 1990 and 1999 was from Charlotte, NC to Silver Spring, MD (430 miles).

The 1990 averaged 49 miles per gallon (never went over 55 mph). Never got that kind of mileage again....!!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois. Enjoy that power and torque that your 700 doesn't have... it's addictive in the corners.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome from Eastern NorthCarolina, via Hawaiian Island AND welcome to "adulthood"😁🤭😎

Ain't it nice to "grow-up"?🥳

BTW, where you're from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome aboard. I had an '01 a while back, and then after being on other bikes, I traded over labor day weekend for a 2018 DCT Tour Airbag myself. I forgot just how much I loved my Wing, and this new one is even better!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
Welcome, congratulations, and let the miles of smiles. Ride safely and keep us posted how your enjoying your new to you Goldwing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well you started off on an amazing life changing experience! You will be pulled away to visit far off places soon!
A big welcome from the Great White North, Canada! We got snow here today but should warm up again to tease a few more rides before non global warming acts up here! (Just kidding).
If you want to visit Canada, send me a message and maybe I can help you out. Happy motoring!

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Where I'm from "LA" stood for "Lower Alabama".... the Panhandle of Florida. :ROFLMAO:
When I lived in Tally (Tallahassee), we called it Georgia with a Florida zip code.

Reactions: Destindoc

·
Premium Member
2003 GL1800
2,174 Posts
Congrats on your big boy toy, and welcome from the Eastern side of Idaho. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts