GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local dealer just opened a brand new 16000 sq., 2 level monster of a building right beside the highway. Apparently it's the biggest HD dealership (sq.ft) in Canada. I got tired just wandering aroung the displays. Our Honda/Victory/Polaris dealership will split this year into Honda Powerhouse in our present location along with our new Polaris/Victory building next to the the new HD building. Should be interesting to have Victory/HD dealers within swearing distance of each other.

Property prices are down some and labour/material costs are down also. Now is the time according to the boss. Should be a very interesting year.

·
Registered
494 Posts
New Harley dealer

We in Seattle WA. Also
Have a new 2 story H.D. building, going in, IN-FRONT of the Renton M/Cycle store,where they sell Honda and a couple other brands.

They are also remodeling the M/Cycle Cafe' that we have been meeting in once a month for a couple years.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had to guess, I would say that 2010 will be a important year for Honda Power Sports. Hopefully, with the changes needed to compete in a rapidly changing demographic. Harley has seen the writing on the wall and is slowly making changes to their product line, what with the XR1200 and some more modern "styling" features like naked dual headlights and so on. We are aging and the industry needs to tempt the new rider into the industry and lifestyle.

I'm not sure that HD has the product for the novice rider in the cheaper 883 Sporty compared to the Honda cb125 and it's new rider program. Probably a different market segment anyways but all the manufacturers need to concentrate hard on the entry level segment as us oldies hang up our gear for golf shirts.

Interesting times in the industry and economy.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Competition is good.

Having those dealers within walking distance should hopefully provide better pricing.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
We have these guys just up a little south of me.

http://www.rickroushmotorsports.com/newmodels.html

They are right next to an HD dealership as well. I like riding by the HD dealership on my way to get oil and stuff and see the hot dog fests and stuff they put on there.

·
Registered
2013 Red GW
5,924 Posts
One thing I have noticed about HD dealers around here is they are going after customers. All the HD dealers that I have rode by are open on Sunday and all the Honda and others are closed. The HD stores always have a bunch of folks milling around, whether or not they are buying or just looking is another story, but at least they are available 7 days a week.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
This is ths oldest Harley dealership in Wisconsin with a new location.
Check out the front display tower.
Great architectural design.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Our local dealer just opened a brand new 16000 sq., 2 level monster of a building right beside the highway. Apparently it's the biggest HD dealership (sq.ft) in Canada. I got tired just wandering aroung the displays. Our Honda/Victory/Polaris dealership will split this year into Honda Powerhouse in our present location along with our new Polaris/Victory building next to the the new HD building. Should be interesting to have Victory/HD dealers within swearing distance of each other.

Property prices are down some and labour/material costs are down also. Now is the time according to the boss. Should be a very interesting year.
Approximately where is this new HD shop, RePete ? Thx !

Roger

G

·
Harley is a marketing machine, Honda has a very long road ahead if they are going to even try and keep pace. Harley has great dealer sponsored marketing events on weekends. Always a crowd at my local HD dealer on weekends. Go by the Honda dealer and if they arn't closed you won't find anybody there anyway.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Harley is putting their dealers in a places thats ez in, ez out. The new one going into Phoenix on I17, you can throw a rock and hit it from the interstate, the one closest to me is on hyw 69, a 4 lane state hiway.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Harley is a marketing machine, Honda has a very long road ahead if they are going to even try and keep pace.
+1 :agree:

I have always said to the automobile dealerships I called on as a service rep, if you want to see how to set up a parts and accessory department, go to a Harley dealer.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Competition is good.

Having those dealers within walking distance should hopefully provide better pricing.
Don't kid yourself. So what if it's a 1/4mile or 40 miles. Close proximity is relative, this isn't the horse and buggy days.

That situation exists in south Denver, HD and Victory dealer parking lots are less than 400 yds apart. Been like that for years and there's no noticeable affect on pricing whatsoever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts