GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Doesn't do it for me either, but I know several that will be interested in the styling of the black one.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I'd probably want/need to give some consideration to the Adventure version of this model group. If price and performance are competitive with the existing market. Ex: Honda Africa Twin Harley's extensive Dealer Network could well tip the scales in Harley's favor. Particularly true if (big "if") it is used by its owners in/on the roads (or lack thereof) as its looks say it claims to be designed for.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
They do look interesting, I would like to see what they look like with the luggage mounted, but it’s very unlikely that I would buy one.
I do believe they will sell just fine.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
They are water cooled DOHC engines. You can get a lot of power out of a twin. IIRC the V-Rod put out 125 HP stock with a 1200 cc v twin in the early 2000's.
The V-twin engine may have its place in the motorcycle industry, but power wise, it is not even a distant match for the performance of the in line 4's

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Showing any motorcycle on this forum other than a goldwing is equivalent to bringing a old washer machine to target practice.

Let the therapeutic lead fly.

:grin2:
Especially if it is "that" brand on this forum. I actually like the top one except for the fat front tire.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those are perhaps the ugliest motorcycles of all time.
I'm no customer of HD, but in my subjective (and no doubt heretical) opinion their appearance is no worse than the last iteration of the Valkyrie.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm no customer of HD, but in my subjective (and no doubt heretical) opinion their appearance is no worse than the last iteration of the Valkyrie.
It appears with these models and the battery bikes HD will be introducing, they may be trying to re-invent themselves to meet the times. In nearly every way, I cannot picture Harley Davidson as a sport bike, an adventure bike, or an electric bike. Over the years they have stood strong on their V-twin big bike imagine. We shall see...……...

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
It appears with these models and the battery bikes HD will be introducing, they may be trying to re-invent themselves to meet the times. In nearly every way, I cannot picture Harley Davidson as a sport bike, an adventure bike, or an electric bike. Over the years they have stood strong on their V-twin big bike imagine. We shall see...……...
"Re-inventing themselves to meet the times" is a good thing, isn't it?

Honda re-invented the Goldwing in 2018 for exactly the same reason.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
If those 3 bikes can compete with other bikes in their segment of the market, then they will do well. When I say compete, I mean in performance and price. The first pic looks like it's designed to be a "power cruiser", so it's competition will be something like a Ducati Diavel or Suzuki M109. The second pic looks like a "street fighter", so the CB1000R or Z900 would be it's competitor. Lastly the "adventure" style bike will have some very stiff competition.....offerings by Honda (Africa Twin), BMW and KTM have defined that market, so HD better hit it out of the park with performance. I hope they do well.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
"Re-inventing themselves to meet the times" is a good thing, isn't it?

Honda re-invented the Goldwing in 2018 for exactly the same reason.
The Gold Wing was redesign for 2018 but overall the basics are in the same line as they were back in 1975. The three HD motorcycles in the pictures are nearly a total departure from what HD has told everyone they should be buying. In fact, as HD would say, these are not real motorcycles. So now it would seem, the three bikes would be considered imitation motorcycles by HD standards.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Showing any motorcycle on this forum other than a goldwing is equivalent to bringing a old washing machine to target practice.

Let the therapeutic lead fly.

:grin2:
Posting a new Harley-Davidson thread on a Gold Wing owners' forum is kinda' like advertising 'The All New 2019 Summer Fashions' event at a nudist colony, isn't it??

Tim

1 - 20 of 140 Posts