GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up a Fulmer M1 helmet today and have ordered a J&M headset. I wore it for the first time today (on the bike) and found that it hurts my neck. I normally wear an Arai Classic M 3/4 helmet and didn't realize that the Fulmer is almost twice as heavy. Looks like I might have a new Fulmer for sale in the near future.

·
Registered
645 Posts
get a neck caller-brace at sports store
helps hold the helmet up on your shoulders

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had same problem with the new Shark Evo. I did 2000 miles with it last week and my neck was throbbing mid day each day I used it.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Shop around for a lighter head....

Matt(BCNV) :eek:4:

·
Registered
661 Posts
My vote goes for the HJC carbon, I have both the 3/4 and Full Face, each equipped with Scala Rider headsets, and have been alternating between them for the last year.

Highly Recomended.... -...................Don

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wear your new helmet like this.....

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Well, I picked up a Fulmer M1 helmet today and have a J&M headset ordered for you. I wore it for the first time today (on the bike) and found that it hurts my neck. I normally wear an Arai Classic M 3/4 helmet and didn't realize that the Fulmer is almost twice as heavy. Looks like I might have a new Fulmer for sale in the near future.
I bought a new Fulmer modular helmet. Took it on a 4600 mile bike ride. My neck was killing me. I remembered that my back rest had been adjusted prior to the ride. I readjusted my back rest so it would not push me forward as much. That alleviated the neck pain. It was not the helmet weight as much as the backrest pushing me forward. I would check out your backrest and adjust it so you set back a little more. Worth a try.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Wear your new helmet like this.....

I actually saw a girl in Cartersville with her helmet on backwards. Riding her own bike with the tail light duct taped on. Was having a terrible time at lights because something was wrong with her shifter and she kept stomping it to go in gear. When she wanted to wake up her left hand she would have to reach over with her right to keep the clutch engaged.Now that's the kind of rider I want behind me in a group ride

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I actually saw a girl in Cartersville with her helmet on backwards. Riding her own bike with the tail light duct taped on. Was having a terrible time at lights because something was wrong with her shifter and she kept stomping it to go in gear. When she wanted to wake up her left hand she would have to reach over with her right to keep the clutch engaged.Now that's the kind of rider I want behind me in a group ride

Come up to the Dells Ride Joe. Those are the precise riding habits I've been cultivating for years to entertain Pitt.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
oh oh, my helmet is not listed on the site for weight of the helmet. i guess it just floats in the clouds and is above everyones comprehension

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Hmm... sounds like the gene pool needs a little more chlorine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
get a neck caller-brace at sports store
helps hold the helmet up on your shoulders

Could you add a little more description as to what this is and how it is used. With a cervical disc problem, I'm looking for some help in this area. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I remember the fibreglass helmets used to be very heavy. My wife won't wear a helmet weighing anything over 3lbs as it kills her neck. Some helmet makers need to address this issue.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just think how cool you're gonna look when your neck muscles buff-up to handle that new helmet. lol
Actually, I think youv'e got a good idea there.

Shafer, you might try wearing it for the first half of your trips. After a while I'm sure your neck and shoulder muscles would get into better shape and it would be OK.

Stronger neck and shoulder muscles would probably make your longer trips a lot more comfortable. Your old helmet would feel like nothing at all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts