GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a spy pic of the new Honda Fury chopper that will be unveiled Friday at the NYC motorcycle show. Not really a chopper if you ask me. Chromed or non chromed parts could change from this pic, but this bikes's lines match up with the earlier found US patent office pics. 1300 cc v-twin engine, radiator between front frame supports ahead of the engine. Honda touts it as being revolutionary, maybe revolutionary for Honda, but not revolutionary for motorcycles. This is from the VTXOA Fury board.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Not bashing Harley here. But if I wanted something to look like a Harley , I would get a Harley. Its not a bad looking ride for a Bar Hopper.
To me its like the White Kid with the Baggy Pants with the crotch around his ankles , hat sideways and the Jersey that 50 times too big for him and a Fake Diamond studded Dollar sign Necklace. A wannabe

·
Registered
18,582 Posts
Not bashing Harley here. But if I wanted something to look like a Harley , I would get a Harley. Its not a bad looking ride for a Bar Hopper.
To me its like the White Kid with the Baggy Pants with the crotch around his ankles , hat sideways and the Jersey that 50 times too big for him and a Fake Diamond studded Dollar sign Necklace. A wannabe
+1 if you want a Harley get one

if you want a wing get one

that will not sell well here

·
Registered
455 Posts
This bike has no balls. Why not use the 1800 engine.
Single disc up front shows that the bike is low power and a light weight.
:nojoke:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Not my style ! But the bandanna heads :doorag: will show up in droves.

A great example of less = more (sales that is). Too bad Triumph copied

H/D with it's new tourer. Oh well, at least Polaris (Victory) tried

something different. I admire thier courage. :idea: .......Don

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Not my style ! But the bandanna heads :doorag: will show up in droves.

A great example of less = more (sales that is). Too bad Triumph copied

H/D with it's new tourer. Oh well, at least Polaris (Victory) tried

something different. I admire thier courage. :idea: .......Don

Good point.
Never looked at it that way. :thumbup:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Another metric bike attempting to be a Harley, shame.....:wrong:
we'd all be all over, bashing the heck out of Harley attempting to build a all plastic, enclosed touring bike...why not stay with what you make well.
Harley doesn't make dirt bikes or quads....Honda need to leave the V-Twin bikes to HD, Victory and Indian.....not their cup of tea....Honda tried with the VTX1800, Rune, etc...nice bikes, but not the sales they needed.

If you want a Harley, buy one....if you want a Wing, buy one.....while imitation is he sincerest form of flattery....it's still just a imitation.....

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Harley doesn't make dirt bikes or quads.

Actually they did make a dirt Bike. I'm not saying it was anygood, But they did make one or more
They also made Golf carts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i vote useless

like there arent a zillion people who build the excat same thing with an s&s engine already

hey honda, that fad is so over

your about 5 years too late

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Actually they did make a dirt Bike. I'm not saying it was anygood, But they did make one or more
They also made Golf carts
Harley didn't make it, they bought out a Itialian complany, Armiche( spelling?) and imported them, POS.....golfcarts were the same I believe...even owned Holiday Rambler motorhomes....Harley has been into quite a few different ventures...but I don;t think they made them...just the big old V-Twins, and they seam to go back to what they know best....as Honda should..\

Yes HD was owned by AMF at one time, then the company leaders bought it back....the AMF days were not good....:eek:4:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I think that's a cool lookin bike, but I just like bikes...don't have Honda or Harley burned into my brain, I would have a hundred different bikes if I had the $$.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I think that's a cool lookin bike, but I just like bikes...don't have Honda or Harley burned into my brain, I would have a hundred different bikes if I had the $$.
I agree. it's funny some will get upset when people bash Harley's, but then go ahead and bash the metric cruisers. It's funny but when the cruisers are compared in road tests it's the metrics in most cases that win the comparisons. Some just don't get it...not everybody wants a Harley... there are some very nice cruisers out there these days if people would take the blinders off, they would see that.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts