GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, looking at the schedule, we are running out of places for our Saturday lunch Runs. I for one, do not plan on giving up my Saturday runs and turn my ride day into a work in the yard day...:eek:4:

We need some new ideas and places to go on Saturdays...:thumbup:

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE that has a place they would like to ride to and organize a Saturday Lunch Run, lets hear it...

I have not been over to the West Coast, say Crystal River, Cedar Key area. Is there not a good hole in the wall lunch place with a good ride to it ?

What about that place in Ocklawaha, on the lake....

Those two above come to mind. Anyone else got anything we can work with ???:bow:

If the SO hears I have no Saturdays Lunches scheduled, I can hear the lawn mower now...:shock:

Please do not make me work in the yard on Saturdays....:eek:4: :bow:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EXCELLENT!! Two new places I have not heard of...

Keep them coming...:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Barbara Jean's Rest
15 South Rosco Rd
Ponte Verda Beach

Right on the Intercoastal Waterway Jacksonville area do a google search great food nice location

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh I see they are known for their crab cakes. As long as its not like eating stuffing, I might try that plate....:thumbup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
http://www.solomonscastle.com/default.htm very nice place for lunch ,good prices, good menu. me and Kriss go there sometimes, nice ride through the woods ..:thumbup::thumbup:

i will organize it if ya'll want to try it.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, 2 questions..... 1 Do we have to pay to get into castle to get into the food? 2 Is Duette Road all pavement. I came through that area a few months ago in my cage and gps took me on a gravel and dirt road for 3/4 of it. Duette Road might be it.... Do you know Mike ??

http://www.solomonscastle.com/default.htm very nice place for lunch ,good prices, good menu. me and Kriss go there sometimes, nice ride through the woods ..:thumbup::thumbup:

i will organize it if ya'll want to try it.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
We have had lunch runs at Froggers in Ceder Key and Pecks in Ozello in the past. Both are good places any new one are also worth a try. Just say the day and time and most of us will try and make it. I will schedule it on the lunch run schedule for quick reference.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Duette Rd. is paved all the way now. ..........Don

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:coffee1: Ok...we now have 6 places. All that suggested places, if you want to organize it and call the place for a seat count when we get close and a good head count, lets make it happen.

If anyone is shy and does not want to call the place for reservations, I guess I can do it.

I am going to take the bull by the horn and set the dates, just to have dates. If there are any major problems, it takes nothing but a delete key to change the date...:thumbup:

I will throw in dates and give them to John to post in the right thread in the next few days....

Anyone that has any problems with any of this, please let me know...I am reasonable and cleaned my shot guns just today...:thumbup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
No you only pay if you want to tour the castle, everything else is free, except lunch but very reasonable. hav'nt been able to get free lunches sense i got out of the Navy :lol: .

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Just had lunch in Cedar Key yesterday. It was the restaurant just north of the new pier. Had Grouper basket, very good. One of our folks had the gator bites and said they were the best he ever ate. $7.95 and $8.95 respectively. Nice overlooking the Gulf.

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
No you only pay if you want to tour the castle, everything else is free, except lunch but very reasonable. hav'nt been able to get free lunches sense i got out of the Navy :lol: .
My Brother went and said the food was good tasting and worth the price. Also has picnic areas. Mike count Barb and I in

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
I have an idea also, sort of a variation on what some of us have previously done. In addition to our scheduled rides on Saturdays we could start announcing impromtu rides during the week. Since many of us are retired taking off shouldn't be a problem. My brother Dave and I ride at least once a week on a weekday. I met Wassup Dan a few months ago, also Roger Wingjammer this way. Anytime those of you in the north central Florida area wanna do a quick lunch run on short notice, I'm in.

Tom

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ya I have fridays off and me and my wife are always looking for somewhere to go, even better if we can meet up with others , still would like too get to know more of you guys better :thumbup:.
Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sunday or Monday Lunch Rides

OK. I know that Sundays and Mondays are not prime days for lunch rides, but my law enforcement schedule forces me to miss the Saturday lunches. Are there any LEO's, Firefighters or anyone off on Sunday or Mondays that want to do a Sunday or Monday lunch or ride, say from Titusville south. I live in Palm Beach and find Jacksonville and the panhandle just a bit far to travel for lunch. Hope to hear from someone. E-mail or PM me. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
OK. I know that Sundays and Mondays are not prime days for lunch rides, but my law enforcement schedule forces me to miss the Saturday lunches. Are there any LEO's, Firefighters or anyone off on Sunday or Mondays that want to do a Sunday or Monday lunch or ride, say from Titusville south. I live in Palm Beach and find Jacksonville and the panhandle just a bit far to travel for lunch. Hope to hear from someone. E-mail or PM me. :doorag:[/quote

Rich I would like to ride on Sundays also.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Archie's Seabreeze A1A Fort Pierce.
I think they have a website to peek at.

And Sometimes a Sunday would be Good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts