GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see an intro page, so I figured this was the most appropriate place seeing I am from Illinois.

I found my 05 Gl1800 on CycleTrader, went to LIttle Rock, AR, and drove it home two days ago. I am happy with the deal I got as it has most of the options/farkles I was looking for.

I also do the Starved Rock run - and my way has me going up the I&M Ship Canal route from Chanahon to Route 6 and West from there.

I also have a Galena route that goes West to Mendota, along the river through Savanna, and then hits (don't miss it!) Blackjack Rd. which ends in Galena.....pretty nice road.

Look forward to meeting and riding with you all.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Welcome aboard. I just travelled to Shorewood to pick up my 2003 with 3625 miles on it. Was probably in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome, from Naperville. Congrats on your new scoot. I know you will find it exciting at every turn.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome jeffgrig :congrats:

We should have a meet-n-greet sometime with the Illinois riders...maybe lunch buffet at the Starved Rock lodge, or BBQ in the western suburbs, or maybe a lunch ride down to central Illinois so everyone can meet up. It would be nice to put some faces with the names here. Anyway, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good...lets set something up. There's Starved Rock, Uncle Bubs BBQ in Westmont for Western Burbs.

I forgot to mention one other run I do. Moonshine, Illinois. Population: 2

I went there on a ST1300 group run and it is the destination for a ST rally. It's this little general store/hamburger joint at the intersection of Nowhere & Cornville. You really can't find it unless you're specifically looking for it. It' a quirky place very popular with the locals and very friendly to Honda folks.

Just thought I would toss it out there. Notice though, the cook turns off the grill at 12:30 sharp and locks the door. It's a hoot....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to the board from around Watseka.
A meet and greet would be fun I'm in

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Welcome~
I'm just across the Indiana boarder in Munster. We were at Uncle Bubs a couple weeks ago. Good stuff but we like The Pit Rib House at 95th and Roberts Road in Hickory Hills better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the bike. Larry from Carol Stream :thumbup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome for the southern part of the state. I like the ID of having a meet and greet. Of course any excuse to get out and ride is a good one.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Welcome Jeff, I'll meet up at Uncle Bubs for some BBQ with ya. From the looks of your avatar you could use a little meat on these bones .. :lol:

Tony

·
Registered
494 Posts
illinois meet and greet

:congrats: welcome to the goldwing world :agree: we should set up a meet and greet some time. duffy's by starved rock has great burgers. anyone want to take lead?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I have eaten at Duffy's. Good burgers!! this coming weekend is shot for me, but the next one seems good....Sat, 13th or Sund, the 14th. Let's hope is cools off a bit by then....

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Greetings, and welcome to the forum. Lots of great people with good and helpful info on this site.
Steve F. from the West Chicago area here, and would like to take a ride to Starved Rock with you all...sounds like fun, haven't been there for a couple of years now. We went to the Sunday brunch at the lodge, and that was good.......

Steve F

·
Registered
7 Posts
Northern Illinois Ride Lake Michigan Circle Tour

Who's up for a ride in Northern Il ? Wont get past 3rd gear, but Sheridan Rd South from Rt 137 all the way to LSD, Grant Park and back is a good way to spend a day if you cant get to The Dragon in TN. 84 degrees on MAr 14 in the Chi ? Thank you mother nature!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Howdy

I didn't see an intro page, so I figured this was the most appropriate place seeing I am from Illinois.

I found my 05 Gl1800 on CycleTrader, went to LIttle Rock, AR, and drove it home two days ago. I am happy with the deal I got as it has most of the options/farkles I was looking for.

I also do the Starved Rock run - and my way has me going up the I&M Ship Canal route from Chanahon to Route 6 and West from there.

I also have a Galena route that goes West to Mendota, along the river through Savanna, and then hits (don't miss it!) Blackjack Rd. which ends in Galena.....pretty nice road.

Look forward to meeting and riding with you all.
I'm close to the Woods. I'm here by Theodore and 59th. Caton Ridge Subdivision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts