GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering when we plug in a Ipod Nano into the usb in the trunk of a 2012 Gold Wing, does the Ipod charge while it is playing?:?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just wondering when we plug in a Ipod Nano into the usb in the trunk of a 2012 Gold Wing, does the Ipod charge while it is playing?:?
i am wondering why it wasnt put into the fairing pocket like before. If your trunk is packed you now have to dig under everything to get to the pod connector. I think it should have been in the pocket where its easily accessible.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You could always just run a usb extension to the pocket. $15 and about 10 minutes of work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure.........but a Lexar Firefly USB 8gb. works flawless and never needs charging and cheaper than an iPod.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hey put a few thousand songs on the thing and tuck it away. Why would you need to get to it if your trunk is full. I have 1500 + songs on my sd card for the bike mp3 and I haven't touched it in a month or so. It just keeps playing random cuts like I want it too . 1500 diff songs is a lot of listening time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
it does charge while in the trunk. memory stick is a great way to go if you are going to leave it there all the time. with the nano you can take it out and use it once you get to your destination.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, any iPod plugged into the USB port in the trunk will play a d charge. Same goes for the iPhone. Playing music that way is so convenient and takes up no space.

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, any iPod plugged into the USB port in the trunk will play a d charge. Same goes for the iPhone. Playing music that way is so convenient and takes up no space.
The iPhone doesn't work as a phone when it's plugged into the trunk connector does it?

I'm currently riding a BMW R1200GS with a Zumo 665 and that's how I connect to the iPhone. I'm seriously looking at a 2012 Goldwing level four. I'm not sure how to integrate the iPhone.

My last Goldwing was a 1981 GL1100.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The iPhone doesn't work as a phone when it's plugged into the trunk connector does it?

I'm currently riding a BMW R1200GS with a Zumo 665 and that's how I connect to the iPhone. I'm seriously looking at a 2012 Goldwing level four. I'm not sure how to integrate the iPhone.

No it does not.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You can buy a 4 Gig memory stick for $7 or 8 gig for $15. They work just as good as a much more expensive I anything.

I have one on the bike and one on the PC for future music downloads.

I also do the same with the navigation memory cards.

Not a problem with junk in the trunk. Just tape the cord high on the back wall of the trunk.

I now save my newly purchased IPod for pictures/movies and WiFi use.

·
Registered
277 Posts

The Iphone will ring over the bikes speakers, but you need to stop to answer it anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts