GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a press release was posted that indicated that the new Japan factory had been stopped. This is the VIN tag off of the new Honda Fury which was supposed to be the first bike made in the new factory.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
First letter of the vin is "J" (made in Japan). It looks like it may be Pearl Hot Rod Yellow. If so, you KNOW it will sell!

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
Nice low serial number. Not quite as low as my 2001 GL1800 tho'. Mine ends in 000008. And I thought they used the first eight for crash test purposes.
:22yikes:

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Seldom home, yes the first 8 are used for that purpose then rebuilt and sold for new!:congrats::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Nice low serial number. Not quite as low as my 2001 GL1800 tho'. Mine ends in 000007. And I thought they used the first eight for crash test purposes.
:22yikes:

...they did.

Mine was 347...miss her!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Tag on right, second line down. shows the date "2010". How does one verify it's built at a new factory?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
LOL...........and you guys that bought a 2009 GL1800, it probably came down the line in the Ohio plant two years ago.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mine was a 2003 with number 000016 with abs sysytem
Its not going anywhere soon as it is PAID FOR, LOT STOCK AND BARREL!!!:excited:
And also ""RED IS THE FASTEST""!!!:biker::excited:
edmund

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tag on right, second line down. shows the date "2010". How does one verify it's built at a new factory?
The left tag first line shows that it was manufactured in Japan 11/08. It also shows that its a 2010 model. The right tag indicates that it meets 2010 EPA noise emmissions.

·
Mad UK Winger
356 Posts
i come to wondering how they know before 2010 what the legislations etc will be in 2010? do you get the feeling that when they say 'new emission rule' they actually mean ' here's one we made earlier'?

And... red and yellow only seem faster because the black ones go past too fast to see them :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I see VT1300CX on the VIN tag, too. Is that going to be the new model number?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The press release said they stopped building the new factory because of the eonomic situation.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i come to wondering how they know before 2010 what the legislations etc will be in 2010? do you get the feeling that when they say 'new emission rule' they actually mean ' here's one we made earlier'?

And... red and yellow only seem faster because the black ones go past too fast to see them :)
The new laws are phased in so that the manufacturers have adequate time to complete their designs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
First the Hoot canceled, then the Honda factory shutdown, then the price increase, and on top if it all, I lost my MSF Experienced Rider Course Harley Davidson pen. I can't go on!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts