GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, I'm new to this board been reading all winter. Learned alot from you guys. What to buy and what not. How to do and how not to do. Thanks for all the good info.

Sold my 1200 last fall. One day ad first day first call, sold. New 04 Titanium should've been in last week BO UNTIL MAY! Kurzer trailer will be here end of April.

52 degrees here today. Everytime I went outside my right hand had this uncontrolable twitch. Is there any remedy for this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome aboard....

You must be looking forward to that delivery date. Shame you have to wait until May. Just gives you more time to buy all the accessories and have them ready to install once you get your wing home.

You're absolutely right about this board being the best place for advice as to what to buy, not buy, and how to correctly install all kinds of add=on. I love the installation tips people provide. Used one today which save me probably 3 hours.

Will be 60 in Maryland tomorrow... time for a ride!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Okay let me get this right. Bike B/O until May, trailer arrives in April. Is this what they mean when they say "you have the cart before the horse"?
Hang in there, it will be worth the wait I believe.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Everytime I went outside my right hand had this uncontrolable twitch. Is there any remedy for this?
Unfortunately the only cure won't arrive for you until May!

You can treat the symptoms by typing a lot on this board.Cruising Ebay and various accessory sites help temporarily as well,but a true cure won't happen until you get your ride,and then it will take some intense therapy.

I go through this twice a year as a I work 2000 miles away from my wing!

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
249 Posts
while yo are waiting, buy the service mannual. you will probably want one sooner or later anyway.
as long as you are ordering the mannual, you could add in some oil filters (this is assuming you order from this site's sponsor) and get the order up to $100 and get free shipping (heck of a deal).

geek

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a list of extras(a long list) I'm starting to order now. I'll be ordering from this site. Seems like the best deals around. Maybe it'll be a cold and wet spring so I won't feel so bad waiting.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ripon good cookies and speed queen, the spot and republican house. Of course that is forty years ago!!! Spent a lot of mispent time at the college there. I emerged virtually unscathed by wisdom!!
Got smarter tho! bought a GW1800...You will enjoy the machine immensly!
congrats.
bob

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Phramed;

The cookie factory is still Ripon Good, the Republican House is still here, Speed Queen still here, but there has been talk of moving to Mexico. And the Spot is now a Gentlemans Club.

97 and still riding. You're my Hero. I what to be just like you when I grow up!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh heck don't grow up!! Really 63 just pheel like 97 somedays! other days 27?! just like always. Lot's of missbehaving with a local that went to the college there named deitrich. If i wold have been riding then I would not have made 97 or 27!! Have a great time.
bob

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I went outside my right hand had this uncontrolable twitch.
Wait until you get that bad bike out for a short ride. It will take you only a few minutes to get where you are going, but it will take you hours to get home! Bad Bike, Bad Bad Bike!!! :biker:

Welcome aboard!! I lurked here quite awhile before I got my 1800. I too learned a lot and keep on learning. :wink:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hey Bookum Dano,
Mapquest says its a mere "Total Est. Time: 21 hours, 42 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1374.82 miles" to Daytona Beach. Ride on down one day and we'll go for a breakfast ride. Enjoy your new ride.
Wayne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts